gassy baby

my baby is real fussy from gas. she has gas pockets in her intestines or something like that, thats what the dr said. She's not a good burper. is there anyway to make the gas less painful, or make her toot? she's already on gas drops

FinleyFirst

Asked by FinleyFirst at 5:58 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Bicycle her legs. Sit her on your lap, support her chin in your hand and rub her back-from her abdomen to her shoulders-this induces burping- Is she nursing? Could it be something you are eating?

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 6:05 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I have 3 children whom are now grown adults and none of which had gas problems as babies. This is possibly why:
    Before each was born, I cut a piece of foam rubber at an incline so that it was about 2 inches higher at the head of it. They slept comfortably .
    cherylleewimmer

Answer by cherylleewimmer at 6:07 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Gripe water - it works!! I swear by it!!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 7:02 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I agree with cherillewimmer that it can be from something you eat. If you breastfeed your baby she can be allergic for something you eat (like wheat, alcohol, nuts, etc.). Ask the doctor to test your daughter.
    The other good thing is the bicycle or you sit her up and pat her back with gently but firm hits.
    If these doesn't help or you need something else, than check this drops out:
    http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/infacol-colic-relief-drops_1_3395.html?gclid=CN2VkJei1aUCFQ8f4QodjCEKlQ
    adriennfaklya

Answer by adriennfaklya at 9:01 AM on Dec. 5, 2010