Here comes a dumb question

Does anyone use q-tips a lot to itch the inside of your ear? I don't stick them way in but I use them like everyday cause my ears get itchy...I've been doing it for years but do you know if I can still be damaging my ears even though I haven't had any problems yet?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Health

• What?? No, you can't damage your ear unless you stick them too far down and poke your ear drum, but that rarely happens. Just from my experience, don't buy the cheap ones, I broke one in my ear and had to have my husband remove it...
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 11:31 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Thanks
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I was wondering why do you think your ears are itchy?Have you talked to a dermatologist?
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 11:33 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Its the inside of my ears that are itchy, and I think its cause I have long hair and sometimes strands get in my ear eeeugh I can't stand that it makes them itchy lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Same thing happens to me. It's like a tickle. Can't stand it. I clean my ears every day too for the same reason.
    Anonymous

• A 1/2 of cap full of hydrogen peroxide in that ear does the trick... My mom did it to us for years and I can say, It really works......
    getyoung

Answer by getyoung at 1:10 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• really you aren't supposed to use q-tips at all. it does clean the earwax on the outer ear but it pushes the earwax in the innerear even futher back which can cause blockage and hearing loss. i used to use the every time i showered but i have an ear problem in my left ear and haven't used them since.
    sterlids

Answer by sterlids at 7:42 PM on Nov. 6, 2008