Have you ever made your child a gift?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 7:12 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• Many. And this year, I am making an afghan for her bed. It will be her "large" Christmas gift.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 7:13 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Yes. I make all my girls bows and bow holders, I've made them cute flip flops and tu-tus for dress up. They love bath stuff and I just finished making some colored bath salts for them. I've made recycled purses for them out of old blue jeans...
    SheWoman

Answer by SheWoman at 7:22 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Yes, but my oldest "child" is 24 and I have crocheted a scarf and will crochet a matching hat for her.
    booksandhooks

Answer by booksandhooks at 7:23 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Lots, just finished a new winter scarf for one of my daughters today.
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 7:54 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Well...I use to watch kids when they opened presents...they would look at the toy...play with it for 30 seconds and then play with the box for hours so one year I went out and found a bunch of different size large boxes....painted them outside and put them together in a castle type thing...my son must have been about 7...he played with it for the next year...he's 22 now and he still talks about that.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 8:15 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• My 1 1/2 yr old loves to color. We have so many old broken, dull crayons laying around that I'm going to melt them down in a muffin tin so that they will be easy for him to hold while coloring. They are going in his stocking :) That's not uber fancy homemade.....but it's still homemade right??
    annabsmommy

Answer by annabsmommy at 9:23 PM on Dec. 4, 2010