How can I get my dog to stop peeing on my bed and rug?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 7:16 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Pets

• Get her fixed...that's the first step. If she insists on going inside...buy puppy pads...they come with some type of scent that directs them to it. Also, don't leave your stuff around...she's not doing it to be bad...she pees on your stuff as her way of telling you "mommy...look how much I love you".
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 8:12 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• put him outside
    Anonymous

• They sell a special spray at Atwoods to repel pets from jumping up onto no-no places.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 7:18 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• kennel train him. Keep him in the kennel unless you are watching him or have him outdoors.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:18 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• when he does it put his face in it and pop him on the head he will soon learn
    Anonymous

• Never rub a dogs nose in their urine or feces,also do not hit them.All you accomplish is possibly making her a fear biter.Besides by the time you discover what she did the dog has forgotten.Dogs live in the moment.Try keeping your bedroom door closed and if necessary block it with a board during the day.You could also put a hook and eye on the door and doorframe.she should outgrow this habit and will become housebroken if you are consistant with her.
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 9:42 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I think first make sure that she doesn't have a urinary tract infection. Second she needs to be kenneled when your eyes aren't on her, so more supervision or a leash on in the house for awhile. You need to discipline her in the act of peeing, followed by taking her right outside and asking her to finish.

This is something that needs attention and training or it won't just disappear, she wont' grow out of it in other words, it will become a habit. She likes the bed and rug because dogs are attracted to absorbent surfaces...or she has a bladder infection. Normally if it is attention seeking they will do it right in front of you or bark to get your attention on it.
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 3:46 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• lol
    mcqueenmom2

Answer by mcqueenmom2 at 7:24 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I've done the kennel. She stays in there at night now. She goes outside when the other dogs go, but she doesn't let me know when she needs to go. My bedroom is off limits to her, yet she manages to find a way in sometimes. Rubbing the nose doesn't work either. I do put her outside. Some times I think she does it because she wants my attention a lot more than I am able to... We don't have a Atwoods. We live in the mountains.... I know she'll grow out of it. just like she did chewing up everything in sight! Just thought there was some short term things I could be doing.... I'm thankful she doesn't poop, but even that would be easier to clean.... Oh, well. Thanks for the suggestions..
    Prayerpartner

Comment by Prayerpartner (original poster) at 7:47 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I'm sorry. I'm unsure!! Have you scolded her and asked her in your own way not to? Is she doing this because she's mad? I had cats that did that when they were Mad!! Best of Luck to you!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 7:18 PM on Dec. 5, 2010