what are you/aren't you OK w/ your husband missing ?

IE parent teacher conference, recital, big soccer game, 1st dentist appt, a pediatrician appt, etc etc ....

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 7:19 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• I guess it just depends on why he's missing stuff
    xbabygirlz

Answer by xbabygirlz at 7:36 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Those are all so very minor ... it's when they are missing everything - truly everything - that it is simply not ok.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 7:21 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Well said, Alice, and so very true. It is totally not ok. And people not living this reality have literally no concept of what that's like.
    caseyandkids

Answer by caseyandkids at 7:23 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I think for both of us, we will TRY To be there for each and every, but I know my husband enough to know he wouldn't "miss" it for anything.. if he had to work, of course, but he went to all my pregnancy appts... I don't mind him missing Ped appts because he works nights and I have to schedule them before work but otherwise..we go to all our nieces events so I know he'll be right along with me.. his heart would tear him up otherwise.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 7:23 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• He cannot miss Parent/Teacher Conference.
    Child's Birth.
    Are the two big ones that come to mind.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:45 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• When he's not deployed, it would be things like surgeries, other medical procedures requiring sedation, or specialty doctor appointments, if possible. Parent teacher conferences, we like for him to go to those, mostly if one of the kids is having trouble.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 8:26 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Her general growing up & life... Know your child...
    As long as the parents have a good relationship with the cihld, the love will be there at missed baseball games, recitals, ect...
    And WHY is he missing them, would be the bigger issue? Is he at home drunk, doing nothing? Or is he working?
    If he is working well thats understandable (unless your living well off, and daddy uses his job as a way out of being part of the family).

My dh is very involved. He doesnt even like missing dr. apt.. so im pretty sure as the other things come along he will try his best to move heaven & earth to not miss anything his child is involved in.. He knows 1st hand how not having a father around feels & doesnt want his child to ever have that feeling.
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:34 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Alice and Casey, I agree completely.
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 7:27 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• My husband never went to a single parent/teacher conference and for me it was never a big deal. When I was on the other end (teacher instead of parent) I had a lot more moms than dads come and very rarely did I see both parents together. Though I did have one child who had to have two conferences each time - one for mom and dad and one for dad and step mom. The dad came to both but the two moms could not come together.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:38 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• wedding anniversary,my birthday

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:49 PM on Dec. 4, 2010