TEEN MOM-AMBER WON FULL CUSTODY OF LEAH-HOW

I haven't see the story but my gf called me an said that she read on a blog or something that she won full custody of Leah..How?
An her new man is a. Womanizer with a lenghty rap sheet..
Is it true with all the things she did on camera an most likely off also..again is it true? And how?

FreeSpriT4eva

Asked by FreeSpriT4eva at 7:21 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• Truely amazed!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 7:22 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• It's called TV. It's all dramatized.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:23 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• It's not true. No one in there right mind would do that.
    iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 7:30 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• dont know much about that. But what I have seen her do on tv was not ok. She violently punched her boyfriend and father of the child which in NEVER ok.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 7:38 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I hope for the sake of baby Leah that its not true. I do think that if she got help she should be allowed some visitation. But its clear that Gary is much more fit for taking care of her.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 7:39 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• So wait .. The girl that was charged with abusing her ex has full custody of her daughter still? That amazes me. I've seen a few episodes and she is most definately a violent person. She has no control over herself and is incredibly lazy. Not only as a parent but otherwise. I really am amazed that she still has custody of her daughter.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:43 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I know the cops where they live are looking into her domestic violence, MTV had to turn over the tapes. But no word yet if she is charged or anything (not that I have heard) but I have heard nothing about custody, it seems to me, if she is being looked at for domestic violence she shouldn't be given full custody. It is sad, and even sader how normal this is, neither are fit to be parents! It is great that the dad has his family though that can help him out when he has the baby, buying her things and such. Such a sad story for that little girl!!!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 7:45 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I was wrong, she was charged and had the baby taken away but now has her back...nothing about custody though...

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2010/12/exclusive-teen-mom-amber-portwoods-boyfriend-spending-too-much-time-with-baby

Plus, who knows if any of this is true. We all have to remember that what we are reading could be completely wrong :)
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 8:09 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Ok..its on the OK and In Touch magazine websites..it says something about Amber Barwood. Now has full custody of baby Leah..Ex-boyfriend Gary has wknd visitation...current boyfriend (can't remember name) has police record for beating on women and theft..has 2 kids under 4 by 2 different woman..both were pregnant @ the same time...I only writing out of memory..but its something close to it..they showed her Leah face tat on her stomach..I can't post the story cause I'm mobile...but I still don't understand how with all things she has done and the police had to watch them episodes where she abused Gary mentally,emotionaly,an pyshically...an state had to see that she is unstable...all that couldn't have been acting for the camera or MTV ratings....
    FreeSpriT4eva

Comment by FreeSpriT4eva (original poster) at 10:05 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I just went to OK and there is an article from 11-30 stating Gary has full custody despite recent rumors. Maybe there is a more recent one but that was all I could find. I really hope she doesn't have full custody...
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 10:27 PM on Dec. 4, 2010