gatlinburg, tn

hello mamas, my mom and i are going to gatlingburg, tn in december. its her xmas present to me, a week away from school, hubby and toddler!!! anywho just wondering if anyone has been there or lives there and what they suggest.

sterlids

Asked by sterlids at 11:29 AM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Travel

• hi i am very close to gatlinburg pm me if you want!
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 11:32 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I'm from TN and have been to Gatlinburg many times. It's a great place to relax, there's a little ski resort called Ober Gatlinburg, Dollywood in Pigeon Forge is always neat at christmas time. There are lots of country music shows and christmas shows at that time of year. And, then, of course, the Smoky Mountains. What types of things do you enjoy?
    winkie_pinkie

Answer by winkie_pinkie at 11:32 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Gatlinburg is an awesome place to visit =D I've had a few family members get married there, it's a very pretty place and it's nice and quiet. And Dollywood is close by if you like amusement parks.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:35 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• We went t Gatlinburg. My kids loved obergatlinburg, the aquarium and the hike up the chimney tops. We stayed at Cabin fever vacation rentals . Our cabin was awesome. So private and the hot tub was awesome! I would avoid The Westgate smokey mountain resort. We took a tour and it was horrible. Trip advisor.com has enough complaints on it to prove that! You can PM me and I will tell you more or send pics Oh sorry I missed the no kids thing. They also have a huge scraopbook store if you are into that kinda stuff! I was in heaven!
    tdawn_21

Answer by tdawn_21 at 11:54 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• All of the shows are great. Huck Finn's is a great restaurant. These are in Pigeon Forge: Dixie Stampede is well worth the money. I really love the Comedy Barn. It is a clean comedy show with lots of animals.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 11:56 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• The Tanger Outlets are a great place to shop.
    BrandonsMom1000

Answer by BrandonsMom1000 at 12:04 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• thanks for the answers ladies, so now more answers please. we are going to relax and of course eat. so what restaurants are good there. we want to go to a comedy club and maybe some dinner theatre. also my mom LOVES antique shopping so that would be good to know too. other than skiing and snowboarding what other outside activities are there? also we are looking for a hotel or place that has a kitchenette type set up. we can't afford to eat out for lunch and dinner every day. also are there any day spas or massage places?
    sterlids

Answer by sterlids at 2:39 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Dollywood and her Dixie Stampede dinner show. I don't know if the park is open at Christmas but I am pretty sure the show is. No idea what else to do there.
    manna1qd

Answer by manna1qd at 8:02 PM on Nov. 7, 2008

• hey, i live outside of gatlinburg. the comedy barn is the only comedy place in this area. dixie stampede is great to go, at least once. but it will run you about $30 a ticket( last i checked) and you better get them in advance. as far as antiqueing, there is an arts and crafts community in gatlinburg, your hotel will know and can tell you how to get there. ober gatlinburg ski resort is just that, a ski resort. so if you dont ski, it is still cool to see all the snow. they have iceskating too. just about all hotels have a kitchenette option, just ask when you call. spas: there are a few. it really depends on the amount you want to spend. when you get here, get the phone book out and look.
    anthing else, just ask
    MONHOLLENMOM

Answer by MONHOLLENMOM at 3:25 PM on Nov. 10, 2008

• I love the Park Grill between stoplight 9 and 10, they have a salad bar to. THey hafve a website for price info. And OMG you have to eat at the Pancake pantry! They are INCREDIBLE! Plus you could almost eat that as breakfast and lunch because it is so much food. They have a website, you should check them out. There is normally a line around the building to get it but it is so worth it. I love Gatlinburg, we try and go at least once a year. In the future if you ever go and want to stay in pigeon forge with a bunch of people, there are condos (the closest ones to Dollywood actually) called Bear Run Falls and they are awesome! They are so beautiful and extravagant and they were less then renting two rooms for one night at the econo lodge with kitchenettes. Ours slept 6 with the sleeper sofa. but they have smaller and bigger ones. Indoor and outdoor pools, hot tub, jacuzzi tub etc.
    28yroldgranny

Answer by 28yroldgranny at 4:31 PM on Nov. 10, 2008