What if your child asked for a dead pet?

Just wondering because I saw in US weekly not too long ago that Angelina & Brads Tomboy daughter Shiloh told them she wanted a dead pet so they went to a taxidermy place and bought her a dead stuffed bird.... IMO thats just creepy!

405mom

Asked by 405mom at 7:26 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Entertainment

• That is very creepy! I would say absolutely not.Goes to show you how out of touch "Hollywood types" are.
    mom4jimbo

Answer by mom4jimbo at 12:19 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Thats freakin weird and creepy
    tracylyn245

Answer by tracylyn245 at 7:29 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• that's way creepy there is no way id give my daughter a dead animal ewww
    julieD280

Answer by julieD280 at 7:30 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I don't believe that. I heard it, but I don't think it's true. If my child asked for that I would say no.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 7:27 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I had a dead mouse for a few days. I found it at the bus stop, I carried it home in a milk carton and I figured it was just asleep every single time I looked at it. Geez, I was a dumb kid. LOL. My mother wouldn't let me keep it. She said I couldn't have a mouse. :( I do not recall how/ when I figured out it was dead.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:29 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I would be more worried if my daughter wanted to kill her pets. That's where the creepy-psycho behavior comes in.

I had to look up what you were talking about (I'm not exactly a big celeb follower), and this actually seems like a pretty normal reaction for a 4 year old who has encountered their first dead animal. They see it and think of it like a little stuffed animal to play with. Kids that age don't really have the capacity to fully grasp the concept of death. My daughter has had two pets die (she's about to turn four) and no matter how many times we tell her that dead things don't come back, she just doesn't understand it. They also don't understand germs all that well either. And for a little tomboy, I just don't see it as strange.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 7:38 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• We have dead animals all over our walls. I doubt my kids would ever ask for a dead pet, because well....they already have them! Lol!
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 7:38 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• At least you don't have to clean up after them or buy them food or take them to the vet :)
    ceallaigh

Answer by ceallaigh at 7:47 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• lol while I never asked for a dead pet as a child. We did attempt to keep field mice we found, especially babies...Yuck! We even wen't so far as to call the vet to ask what we should feed them and so on.... note* they don't survive well in cages lol yuck
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 9:20 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• very strange but i mean kids will be kids.....they get curious about things,now see my son would never do that because he is sensitive,he doesnt like anything dead! it doesnt matter if its a moth or even a spider....my son hates spiders but he hates seeing them dead as well.......but some kids are like that....she is obviously curious about something and they just dont know it...........
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 11:30 AM on Dec. 5, 2010