What kind of inexpensive gifts can I make/buy for friends?

There are some friends of ours who buy gifts for our kids. There are 3 men who are bachlors who buy for our kids and a friend of mine. I am not too good at baking, so maybe someting other than cookies. Last year I sent them a Figi's gift, but I won't have the money to do that this year.
Thanks

3mom627

Asked by 3mom627 at 7:26 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Holidays

• think about what u can make... do u cook anything really good that is freeze friendly? those single guys would love some home cooked food I bet!
    there are no bake cookies out there.
    put a food basket of goodies together.. beer/wine/prefered drink.. some cheese & meat (to save money buy a block of cheese at the store & cut it yourself) crackers, chocolate, nuts, popcorn bags.. then go to $1 store or walmart & get some cute/cheap baskets, celophane, gift wrapping paper.. (just google beer basket, food basket, ect. for some ideas.)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:24 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Banana Bread is pretty easy and everyone usually loves that. You could easily wrap the loaves up in a Christmas bag.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:33 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• baking brownies, or a quick bread from a mix....a banana bread you can add real banana to and wrap it in clear or colored plastic wrap. you literally mix in like 3 ingredients, put it in a foil pan to bake, take it out, cool it and wrap it. easier than cookies.
    Or make a mix in a jar kit...many can be googled....put in ingredients for a soup, with the recipe attached, and maybe a fancy ladel or something for serving it.
    Hot chocolate, with 2 mugs and candy canes as stirrers.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:34 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Some nice herb teas, dollar store mug, dollar store honey bear and dollar store basket...makes an amazing gift.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 8:07 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• who-hoo, great minds think alike!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:35 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I would say Muffins...which ever ones you like. I think that is a good thing to give and to get!!!

ErinsMomma1

Answer by ErinsMomma1 at 7:40 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I just told all my friends not to buy me anything, because it's not in my budget to get anyone anything other than my own children.
    texassahm

Answer by texassahm at 10:22 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Movie night buckets are easy to do for $5 or so. Dollar Tree has cute buckets that say "Popcorn" on them they also have yellow shredded paper for basket filler it looks like popcorn when you use it. Fill it up with those theater candy boxes from the grocery store, add a box of popcorn and popcorn salt and maybe a Redbox movie card if you want.
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 12:37 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Honey Muffins!
    mommakara250

Answer by mommakara250 at 1:16 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Buckeyes and Breads are realy easy to make , , hope you get some good ideas i cant do ahything for anyone this year and i love to give and bake and dress up lil baskets and such as gifts:)
    SparklingMom78

Answer by SparklingMom78 at 10:30 AM on Dec. 5, 2010