weight loss help

Can anyone give me some new ideas on dropping the last of my baby weight. I gained 28lbs during my pregnancy after my dd was born, she is now almost 8 months old, I lost 18lbs quickly but can't seem to get rid of the last 10lbs. I didn't eat badly before, during or after. I very rarely eat "junk food" no chips or dips, no cookies or cakes, maybe 1 20oz soda a week, lots of fruits and veggies, I eat very little meat, mostly chicken and salmon, no red meat or pork, and lots of veggie burgers. I drink lots of water 8-10 8oz glasses a day and I try to workout for 30 minutes 3 times a week plus running after very active dd.

can anyone suggest something I am not already doing?

Momma2Miranda

Asked by Momma2Miranda at 7:27 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Cut the carbs, those last ten pounds are the worse to loose, don't give up though, and if you could start an exercise routine, it would be even better, good luck!

Answer by older at 7:29 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I am sorry didn't read the part where you workout 3 times a day, make it a and add another half hour.

Answer by older at 7:30 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• *4 days a week workout*

Answer by older at 7:31 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• The only advice I can give you is to write everything you eat down. Before I joined weight watchers, I didn't think I ate wrong either and couldn't understand why I couldn't lose weight. After joining weight watchers, I realized I was eating either the wrong things or too much. I am in the same boat as you, I need to lose about 20 lbs. and I didn't have a baby. Mine is stress eating and middle age spread.
    3mom627

Answer by 3mom627 at 7:32 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Try switching up your workouts for example if you like to dance then put on some good dance music and have fun in your living room. Before I knew I was preggo I made a CD of club songs including line dances like Cupid shuffle & Bunny hop by Da Entourage and even my kids love to join in the fun. If you have a treadmill that you can incline then use it, you burn more calories trying to walk uphill. And if you need to lose some belly fat invest in a Slendertone ab belt (buy it off e-bay they are cheaper) and to keep yourself from being achy the next day add in some yoga stretches.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 7:33 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• i lost 20lbs in 3 months by cutting my calories down to 1200 a day and doing sit ups every night and jogging a few times a week to help track your calories you can use this website http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ Ps i gained 52lbs with my DD and tree years later i weigh less than i did before having her. it is possible! :) good luck!
    amberlysmomma

Answer by amberlysmomma at 8:20 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• If you are nursing, your body needs that extra weight and when you are done it will fall off, mine did all four times.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 8:26 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Still breastfeeding and I am going to start doing pilates.

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 4:49 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I am no longer breast feeding due to milk issues.
    Momma2Miranda

Comment by Momma2Miranda (original poster) at 5:06 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Cut out carbs, drink more water, watch you sweets intake. Walk
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:01 AM on Jan. 7, 2011