suicidal?

So my boyfriend spends alot of my money, last night i got mad and confronted him on it and told him that i have a kid and she needs it..he knows i have a daughter he just dont think financial and lives off everyone but himself. Then this morning he texted me saying i stress him out and he dont want to be in a relationship no more and that from then on hes dating pretty woman and etc. just alot of mean stuff and when i freaked out and called him a loser cuz he dont have a job and dont pay any bills of his own he gets money from everyone and his roommates just let him live there he pays NOTHING! then he was telling me the whole break up thing was a joke and he didnt mean it, which thats a pretty crappy joke i think. and now he wants to kill himself because hes a 'loser' like i called him, is this my fault? i mean i was just mad at him for using me for money and stuff so i confronted him cuz hes 23 and he does nothing i feel so guilty..

jaelynsmama07

Asked by jaelynsmama07 at 9:41 PM on Jul. 5, 2008 in Relationships

• Hes saying that because he WANTS you to feel guilty. My husband does this too. You just need to talk, it sounds like you both said things that you sisnt really mean.
    haileyannsmomma

Answer by haileyannsmomma at 9:44 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• You don't need someone that plays games with you, financial or emotional. Get free from him so you can move on to someone that will be good for both you and your daughter.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 9:51 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• he sounds like he has security problems first off. And not only that he also sound very manipulative. this is not a good thing to be around. My ex husband was like that. Any man that is like that is a control freak and does not deserve a hard working woman. If you can not talk to him without him saying this things than you need to take another route and leave him. At 23 he needs to learn responsibility. Someone needs to grow up.
    adhd8yoand3yo

Answer by adhd8yoand3yo at 9:52 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• it is not mean to be honest. you really need to get rid of this guy. he is no good for you and no good for your kid. The things you said ere true and the things he saidwere meant just to hurt you, he is probably not really suicidal he is just sayingthat to keep you on a string. I've had my share of boyfriends just like this. Good luck to you and God bless.
    momof3blue1pink

Answer by momof3blue1pink at 9:53 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• Go back and read your question. Why would you want to stay with a guy like that?
    AKEllen

Answer by AKEllen at 10:00 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• ya i know very true
    jaelynsmama07

Answer by jaelynsmama07 at 10:12 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• He's trying to get a rise out of you. Tell him to get some help if he's suicidal.
    HeatherTurner

Answer by HeatherTurner at 10:12 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• dont blame your self for his dum actions.you and your daughter are what you need to worry about.my x said same thing and its just a copout.to make you feel bad.honey your young more fish in sea.live for you an your daughter that is all that should matter,in your life right now honey.take care god bless you an your daughter.
    supermama65

Answer by supermama65 at 10:43 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• I can say this because of experience. If someone tells you they are going to kill themselves, it's NOT going to happen. If someone is truly going to try they won't tell people. Usually saying that you're going to kill yourself is a cry for attention. I would get him some counseling.
    andi1984

Answer by andi1984 at 10:50 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• Oh, and no, it's not your fault. He is behaving like a child to get you to apologize.
    andi1984

Answer by andi1984 at 10:51 PM on Jul. 5, 2008