What isan easy healthy chicken recipe?

Preferrable with not too many ingredients. Just a good easy, healthy meal for an already exhausted momma.

IzysMomma

Asked by IzysMomma at 7:44 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I like italian chicken, its pretty much just chicken breast, italian dressing, onions and peppers...Let the chicken and sliced veggies set in the dressing in the fridge for a couple hours. Then just take it out of the bowl put it in a pan and bake. I also like to put fresh parmasean on the chicken in the last 10 minutes of cooking...super good :)
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 7:48 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• When we were little my mom used to make us Chicken mixed into rice (cut up chicken breast) with spaghetti sauce mixed in. Rice is very filling so just add bread or buiscuts on the side.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 7:49 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Thank you so much i'll try both of these :) much appreciated
    IzysMomma

Comment by IzysMomma (original poster) at 7:52 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I made a chicken salad tonight. Cooked and chopped some chicken breast, chopped lettuce and carrots, boiled some eggs, throw some shredded cheese on top...u can always add tomatos, cukes, whatever your kids will eat.
    mlmkjw

Answer by mlmkjw at 8:00 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Grilled chicken- thrown in a salad or mixed with whole wheat pasta and pesto or marinara sauce.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:38 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• baked chicken with some type of side.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 12:32 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I spray some olive oil in bottom of pain, and salt & pepper the chicken, bake for like an hour or until chicken is done. Make some rice and chicken & rice... yummy.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 7:52 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Marinate chicken breast in red wine & basil for about an hour. Grill or broil the chicken. In a separate pan, soften garlic in olive oil and add fresh spinach (wilt the spinach in the hot pan). Make any type of pasta you like (we usually use rigatoni) and cut the chicken in to pieces and toss with garlic spinach mixture. The entire meal takes 15 minutes. You can sprinkle Parmesan on top and/or add more veggies. My husband's favorite is when we have this with asparagus and artichokes - my kids like it when I add squash.
    MomIWant

Answer by MomIWant at 10:29 AM on Dec. 5, 2010