If the AZ bill was so bad, why are other states following their lead?

Yes, I'm on fox news right now. Deal with it. Don't like it? Google is your friend.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/12/04/florida-follows-arizonas-lead-new-cracking-illegal-immigrants/

clicky

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 7:45 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Because the AZ bill wasn't so bad!
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 7:48 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Because they don't like the federal govt not enforcing their own laws that they created, and are taking matters into their own hands.
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 7:52 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Good question, Lovin. I don't see any problem with the Arizona bill. I think that we should welcome legal immigrants, but as a nation we have a right (and a duty) to know who is coming into the country. It is an issue of national security.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 7:53 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• The AZ bill was only bad to the illegals. The bill itself is a great idea to protect actual CITIZENS of this country!
    Anonymous

• It's not so bad, it's right and what most Americans want.That is why so many other states are considering similar bills.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:58 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• It's only enforcing what is ALREADY on the books! All of the outrage came from illegals and those who married, reproduced or are in some sort of relationship with illegals..and libs....of course!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:23 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Because people know in their heart that following the laws of the land is a basic. If you won't enter a country legally, you will probably not obey the rest of the laws of the country.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:14 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• First, don't apologize for watching Fox News...especially when compared to the other cable news channels. Second, the Arizona law is a reflection of the total lack of attention to our border by the Federal government. The most sacred thing that the Fed has to do is to protect our borders and our security...nothing else comes close.
    annabarred

Answer by annabarred at 11:56 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I cannot stand Jan Brewer. . . I live in AZ . .

I see both sides of this debate however. . . I see positives and negatives to immigrants. .

one second I hate this law .. one second I think it is decent . ..

We should however make more chances to become legal . . I dunno . .
    Huntersmom209

Answer by Huntersmom209 at 12:21 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• It's not bad, they fed. gvt refuses to enforce the law, Az has no choice but to do this, they are fighting a war to keep the drug cartels out of Az. without the backing and support of our own gvt! When all those murdering thugs creep across the border and Americans start being gunned down, what then? But why does that have to happen before the fed. gvt will do their job? They are leaving us vulnerable to these killers and any kind of terrorists who want to enter our country. They are not protecting our us. it's a free for all, come on over, the more the better, they want to give illegals amnesty so they all will vote for Obama in 2012...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 2:15 AM on Dec. 5, 2010