my baby has an unusual diaper rash

My son has had a very mild diaper rash, and I have been treating it every time I change his diaper. Last night I noticed he had little white bumps that kinda looked like pimples I guess you would say on his rectum, and right around it. When he woke up this morning he had a few more. They don't seem to be bothering him, but I don't know what they are or if it's even something to worry about. Has anyone's baby ever had this? What did you do to treat it? Or should I just call the pediatrician?

luvsgriffin

Asked by luvsgriffin at 11:31 AM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It sounds like a yeast infection. You can buy over the counter yeast cream and see if it helps him.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:37 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Call his pediatirician. immedialty
    mosaickathy2

Answer by mosaickathy2 at 12:05 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• id call the doctor. what do you treat it with????
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 12:35 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I talked to the doctor he said for me to put triple antiobiotic on it 3 times a day for 5 days and to call in a day or two if it is not getting better...so we'll see
    luvsgriffin

Answer by luvsgriffin at 2:34 PM on Nov. 6, 2008