Has anyone had their children approx. a year a part from each other? If so, what was it like raising (pratically) 2 babies? What was some changelles, etc. I need advise on this situation.

AbsoluteSelf

Asked by AbsoluteSelf at 7:57 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well, my kids are 4, 5, 6, and 8. But to answer this question? I'd need a lot more space than they give you here! LOL!
    Don't worry, you'll be just fine. As for advice? Keep a routine, sleep when they are sleeping, and set strong expectations for good behavior right from the start, it'll pay off in the long run!
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 7:59 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I'm going to answer as a sibling in that situation. My brother and I are exactly 12 months apart. It was fine for him, but not so good for me as the youngest. I always felt like I was never important. Our birthdays were always celebrated together, everything was. If you do have children that close, just make sure to give them each their own individuality.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:00 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• My 1st and 2nd child are 14 months apart and my 2nd and 3rd child are 12 months apart, so I'm raising 3 babies. It is challenging, especially more from 1 to 2 than 2 to 3. Good luck and you can make it, many women do!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 7:59 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• My daughters are 12 months apart and for a while it was almost like having twins, as they grew, they always had a playmate, and now as adults are really good friends. It is a challenge, but not that bad.

Answer by older at 8:02 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• My first two are 15 months apart and then there is 13 months between #2 and #3 so I had 3 under 3. It wasn't that bad but I don't baby my kids. By 2 I no longer considered my oldest a "baby". She was a big girl and helped with the younger kids in any way she could. She was very independent and self-reliant (as much as a 2yo could be). There were times it was crazy and rough but it was also a lot of fun and they were so cute to watch grow up together.

Christmas 03--14 months, 2 1/2 and 6 weeks.  They are now 8, 9 and 10 and have all the same friends and do everything together.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:47 PM on Dec. 5, 2010