Where do you stand on offshore drilling?

and why?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 7:59 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1969_Santa_Barbara_oil_spill

As a coastal resident, I am against this practice. Tar residue is still evident on some beaches in SB.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 8:21 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Your link brings me back to this page... Aside from that.I live on the TX coast and I'm all or drilling. It's a huge part of our lives. The refusal of the Obama admnistration to follow judges rulings is hurting many in this area.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 8:57 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I'd rather America be able to drill and reap the profits than China via Cuba!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:20 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I live in NC. I love the beach. I love the ocean. Drill, baby drill. End our dependence on foreign oil (as PBO promised).
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:12 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I am for drilling in the states, but the fact that we are drilling in the ocean can really mess up a lot of sea life which then messes up our economy. I'd prefer drilling in the middle of landlocked nowhere, like Alaska.
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 10:27 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Drill, baby, drill! I'm 100% with jesse (and I also live in NC lol). Think of all the jobs that would create. People with jobs means people spending money and helping the economy. It also means more tax revenue for the government. The pros outweigh the cons, IMO. There will always be risk in any endeavor, and plenty of other countries do off shore drilling.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 11:12 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Other countries will simply drill if we don't. I also live on the coast my home is on the beach and we have not had any spills and there is no drilling anywhere near us. We still have evidence of oil on the beach from time to time due to natural seepage.

Anonymous

• against it
    newmommyjazz

Answer by newmommyjazz at 11:36 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• There are platforms visible from the beach in Santa Barbara, CA. I doubt petrified tar balls are the result of natural seepage. We need to wean off the oil teat.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:37 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I would like to know how much money foreign oil has put into the democrat till to keep them from approving it. Other countries are already drilling off our shore as Lori said.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 11:44 PM on Dec. 4, 2010