is age 4 worse than age 2

do you think kids who are 4 years old are worse then kids going threw the terrible 2's? My 4 year old is so crazy at times i swear she's from the exorcist. AAGGGHHH!

FinleyFirst

Asked by FinleyFirst at 8:03 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• No, not at all. All 4 of my children were very well behaved at 4. At 2, they were more challenging (Klara especially). Now they can understand and do so much more, including cooperation/verbal directives. I think it's all in what they've been taught - at 2, they may not have learned what they can/can't get away with. At 4, if it's been taught, they understand expectations and limitations.
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 8:05 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• i dont know mines not 4 yet but three has been pretty trying!
    amberlysmomma

Answer by amberlysmomma at 8:06 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I think 4 is harder because they are caught between little and big kid, they sitll want mamma but they want to be a big kid too, but like my mom tells me this too shall pass, all in all i would prefer a 4 year old temper tantrum to a 2 year old one- my 4 year old understands much more then when he was 2 and i can explain things to him
    lovemylilman06

Answer by lovemylilman06 at 8:43 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• with my dd... yes 4yo (she just turned 4 in october lol) has been more trying..
    When she was 2 she very sweet. She never threw tantrums. and has always been an "easy" child. she was sensitive to what we said when she was that old. 2-3yo was the "i want to please my parents" stage for us..
    Now she is 4. She has attitude. backtalk. wants it her way. caring less about pleasing anyone other than her need at the time :-(
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 10:06 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I hope not!!!! Or I have a VERY long 2 more years ahead of me!
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 10:36 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• my son is 5 in he is a little crazy but that is kids in i thank 4 year old are better the two years old cause the two year old dont like to do what there told to do
    Nikki G.

Answer by Nikki G. at 10:43 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• My son is 4, and I swear he is a completely different child than he was a year ago. Two was easy compared to this. I feel like I have a teenager. He's rude and hateful, talks back, has an attitude. Lately he's been getting downright mean with his baby sister. He can be very sweet though. When he's good and sweet, he's so wonderful to be around.
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 12:10 AM on Dec. 5, 2010