How can u tell your water is leaking?

nflowers4

Asked by nflowers4 at 11:31 AM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• everyone told me that your water could "leak" however when it breaks you won't be able to help but notice the big gush that comes out. You will know when it breaks. My doctor told me leaking is very uncommon and most of the time when it happens soon after it will just break. I thought mine was leaking with my second son however I was actually peeing a little bit from the pressure he was putting on my bladder.
    neverwrong8682

Answer by neverwrong8682 at 11:39 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• oh yeah if it is leaking it will could have a red tint to it... but it will also be very sticking feeling or at least when my water broke it was sticky and a light whitish color
    neverwrong8682

Answer by neverwrong8682 at 11:40 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Mine was leaking and I called the nurse and she told me to come to the hospital. It looked like a had wet my panties a little and I couldn't stop. By the time I had changed my water had broken and it just looked like I was peeing like a race horse and couldn't stop it.
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 11:42 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Ok... 2wks ago i thought this was happening to me so i went to the doc. He said that unless I am soaking a normal pad every hour it is probably just discharge. But if you think it is leaking it is a good idea to go to the doc and them test it. Its an easy 2 sec procedure and you will know right then if it is or not. GL
    Babyclark08

Answer by Babyclark08 at 11:42 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• you def feel it
    Kryssi17

Answer by Kryssi17 at 3:15 PM on Nov. 6, 2008