For those of you that "thrift" shop, what's your best find to date?

I've had many, but I think my favorite has to be finding Longaberger Baskets that people have no idea what they are really worth! LOL!

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 8:07 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Shopping

• My best finds are always when people have no idea what they have. At one yard sale I bought a large ziplock bag of buttons, ribbons and stuff. In the mix was a real diamond ring. It was a great find, but I couldn't keep it. I returned it to the person who had the sale - and found out it was her grandmother's wedding ring. (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:22 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• My hubby and I were at Goodwill last week or so, and found a millitary sleeping bag all rolled up for $12. Take it home and unroll it and find out its a perfectly kept WW2 down sleeping bag worth $90 in worse shape.

not bad.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 9:10 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• On Thursday I found Liz Claiborne wool slacks for $5

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:10 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• knee high doc martin boots! under $5 and my exact size. I havent seen an awesome find like that since. I've found great things, but nothing like that.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 8:13 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I found my son some brand new New Balance tennis shoes.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:20 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• My latest find - and I am an avid thrifter - a professionally framed 20 x 40 water color poster of orchids and tulips for $5!
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 8:24 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I have only just discoverd GW but I found my son a brand new pair of jeans for 0.79!!!!!! I was amazed :)
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 7:11 AM on Dec. 5, 2010