Dialated

how many cm dilated b4 the dr put me in the hospital?

Mama2Maddi

Asked by Mama2Maddi at 8:24 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It depends on if your water has broke and/or if you're having regular contractions. I was dilated to 4 cm for a month before I went into active labor...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:26 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I was 4cm dilated
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 8:32 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Was 4cm dilated and was having contractions that was 10 min apart for like 2 days
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 8:40 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I was 6cm for nearly a month with my oldest and they never put me in the hospital... I would think it's going to vary from doctor to doctor and case to case...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:47 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• You don't have to be put in the hospital for that.
    ;-)
    But if you'd like to be admitted for laboring, wait until you're in labor. And maybe the later in labor the better.

Being a certain centimeters dilated doesn't automatically equal labor / baby.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:23 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I have been 3cm and 75% effaced for 3 weeks now and they will not admit me until I am in active labor.
    Candie2008

Answer by Candie2008 at 11:19 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• My doctor broke my water when I was having steady contractions and I dilated from there, that was with my 2nd child. With my first, I had to be 3-4 before they would admit me.
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 11:25 PM on Dec. 4, 2010