Does a single mother have just the same chance has a motherless child when finding a good man? If you reamarried with kids can you give me some advice.

My sister told me today that it would be really hard for me to find a really good man being a single mother. I would have to either marry a man with children or stay single because no man wants someone else's child. I mean to believe this would be ridiculous but then again I never been in this kinda situation. So I wanted to here a success story of a women who found a good man and how that man cares for her children? Was it weird at first for him to be around someone elses child? Does he have kids or not? Thanks for any advice

Jenaiko01

Asked by Jenaiko01 at 8:29 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• Finding a good man has nothing to do with having children. Finding one that wants the responsibility of a ready made family might be a bit harder but not impossible. I did it with three small kids. Just make sure you get out there and meet lots of people and don't settle.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:33 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I met my husband Orion when I was a divorced mom of 2 kids. My oldest was 6 and my youngest was a year and 1/2. I met him through a friend, he was never married, no kids and had no problems with my situation. He was actually really great with the boys, very patient and had no problems dealing with my ex-husband. We have been together almost 8 wonderful years and have a son together now as well.
    Just because you area single mommy won't make it harder for you to find a good guy, just keep your eye out ^.^
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 8:35 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I married a man with no kids. I had kids already from previous marriages. (yes he's my third husband..just go with it lol) He had step kids in his previous marriage. No kids of his own. He wanted some kids. I was open to this. He is a very good step father. My kids adore him. He spends more time with my 13 yr old doing things she likes then her own father will. We have 2 kids together now. He doesnt treat "our" kids any differently then my kids. We have been married 5 yrs this month (together 6 1/2 yrs). He is my soul mate & the best man I have ever met. Don't give up. I never thought I would get married again let alone find a man as wonderful as he is.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 8:35 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• my son calls my dh dad. (since age 3) My dh loves my son like he was his own and no he has no bio kids of his own..yet. I don't think your sis knows what she is talking about. I think it was easy for my dh to be a part of our lives because there was no other parent in the picture. my son's real dad did not want to be a dad..so my dh stepped up. Not everyone has it like that..they have the other parent butting in..trying to keep you from having a relationship and saying stuff like "thats my child ...he will never be a part of his life"..that could scare a man away and make them not want to be with anyone.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:37 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• My Hubby doesn't have any biological children. When we met I was a SINGLE Mom.. I had 3 boys and I was on my own. It took me a little while to finally tell our boys about him, and then when he met them we did it where they would feel comfortable. He does heavy haul, and I took them to see what he was hauling, well being boys, they were so excited to see a huge machine. He let them crawl around on it, sit in it, and not have to just sit around and stare at each other..lol.. My Hubby said something that I'll never forget. He said, they didn't have to prove anything to him, he would have to prove himself to them, gain their trust, and never make them feel like they had to like him. Well they fell in love with him, just as I did. That was 5 yrs ago, and they all call him Dad now, by their own choice.
    There's hope, don't let your sister scare you into thinking no one will love you because you're a single Mom..
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 8:39 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• It's harder because not only do you now have to find a good man for you but you have to find a good man to be around your children. See if he's an asshole to you...you can just get up an go or not go but if he's an asshole to your kids, you'll have to kill him and then you go to jail.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 8:42 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• My dad married my mom when she was a single mom of 5 kids all under the age of 10. He is a good guy and loved us like his own kids. He had a rather traumatic divorce from his children's mother and was not allowed to see his kids. This was 27 years ago when dads didn't have rights like they do now.

A good guy is out there, you just have to be patient and not settle for a jerk.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 8:48 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I am married for a second time.To be honest, If I knew how lazy he would become.And how much problems his ex and daughter would cause, I would have made a different choice.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 8:55 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• That true ShouldHaveLeft. I think I'm good at being able to find a man but it is scary because you dont want anyone doing anything to your kids.
    Jenaiko01

Comment by Jenaiko01 (original poster) at 8:57 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Why would a motherless child be looking for a good man? Your question is phrased poorly.
    Anonymous