Am I the only person who read the Twilight saga to see what all the hype was about and...

Kind of liked them, but didn't go nuts over them?

I mean, I thought they were decent, but not something to go psychotic over. I literally saw people in Walmart shoving each other, hitting people with things so that they could grab a copy, people were chasing other people trying to bribe them to let go of the copy they had picked up, etc. when the movies were coming to DVD. It was NUTS! I got rammed with a shopping cart when I got too close to them and this woman seemed to think I was trying to get "her" copy.

What did I miss? Was it some mass mind control thing that I ended up being immune to? I just don't get it lol.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 8:54 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Entertainment

• Honestly I didn't think that were that good. They are ok, but not something I would read again or go out of my way to watch the movies of.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 8:59 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• ...yes I liked them, but no I didn't go "psycho" over them, either. LOL. I think it's quite ridiculous to go that crazy over any book or movie.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 8:58 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Actually I read the saga to see what the hype was about and left scratching my head because the books SUCK and the movies are worse
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:03 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• They were ok, but she didn't write the books very well. As long as you don't think when you are reading them or watching the movies they make sense. My husband and I were watching Eclipse last night (we saw it is theaters but were watching it last night after I bought it) and about ever 10 minutes we would both go.....that doesn't make sense. And then think of past movies and things that didn't make sense. They are obviously more suited for younger readers or people who don't analyze books and movies, lol. The movies have such bad acting that I can barely make it through them, the books were better. But I certainly don't understand the hysteria!!!
    ILoveCade

Answer by ILoveCade at 9:06 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I read the to see what all the fuss was about. I bought Twilight, finished it the same day and went out and bought the other three, read them all within a week. I LOVE the books. I'm actually watching Eclipse for the first time right now. It's better than the first two movies.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 8:57 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I read them and the first few were ok but towards the end it started getting strange and not as creative. Now I'm sick of hearing about it.
    kayaiden8907

Answer by kayaiden8907 at 9:10 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Nope...not the only one.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:14 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Personally I thought they were horrid! I had to check them out because of the hype, I assumed they were going to be awesome! But I have never been so bored in my life! Seriously... I don't get it!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:44 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I absolutely LOVED the books. In fact, I read them again before movies come out. That said...I wouldn't knock someone over to buy the book. You can find them online for free anyway. I also am not happy with the movies...I think they could've ALOT better. I can't stand Kristen Stewart and most of the acting is horrible. So no, I don't understand how people have enough time on their hands to be like that!
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 10:06 PM on Dec. 4, 2010