How much weight did you loose while breastfeeding.

This is my second pregnancy and I did not breastfeed with 1st. How much weight did you loose? Hope I can get back to pre pregnancy weight!!

beautifulkirei

Asked by beautifulkirei at 9:10 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i don't know, but i am pregnant again and wasn't able to nurse my last 2 for long so i am going to try to do it again hoping i loosee all the weight and then some lmbo
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 9:11 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I wish I could tell you that I lost a ton of weight, but no such luck. I am moderately active and I eat healthy, but I have had trouble dropping the pounds. I have been breastfeeding now for 15 months. I think it has actually had the opposite effect for me (which I have read happens to some women) and it has caused my body to hang on to the extra fifteen pounds of fat stores. At the end of the day I am just happy to be doing what is the best thing I can do for my daughter!
    Lillybean09

Answer by Lillybean09 at 9:21 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I lost 28 lbs immediately after birth (probably nothing to do with breastfeeding), and breastfeeding kept it level, no matter what I ate. When I started watching what I ate, I dropped 20 lbs within three months with no other effort.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:26 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I lost about 30 lbs after the a couple weeks home after the birth. But I still needed to loose another 40 lbs. I ended up not being able to continue brest feeding or really have workouts consistenly so I'm still the same weight I was a year ago at the time, kinda of depressing but, I have to figure out how to mangage with full time work and part time school. Not to mention a little 1 year old moving all around.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 9:51 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• None! I b/f my son for 5 months. I did lose my pregnany weight but that was before I left the hospital. I only gained 14lbs.
    MegClayton

Answer by MegClayton at 10:41 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I was in pre pregnancy clothes in 21 days. I'm still nursing at 6.5 months. I'm about 2-5 pounds away. I think its because my boobs are so huge ;)
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:40 PM on Dec. 4, 2010