Do you make cut out cookies?

I am so bad at them, mine spread too much. And get this I am a baker.. LOL.
If you make them what is the trick? Are they just sugar cookies?

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 9:19 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You have to roll them out real thin before cutting them. And check them often because they'll cook faster than regular cookies.
    AbsoluteSelf

Answer by AbsoluteSelf at 9:30 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• My "trick" is to roll the dough as a large single piece to about 1/4 inch thick, right on the baking sheet, and bake the whole thing, as soon as the sheet is cooked, I take it out of the oven and cut my shapes quickly. Of course I end up using more dough, but each cookie is perfectly shaped.

The kids and I eat the "leftovers." Just as good as the cookie, so none of it goes to waste.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:59 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• not really
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 12:21 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• yep ds and i are making and decorating them today for the family for others it'll come aroudn the 20th
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 11:02 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I do actually on the 24th in memory of my dad ( we always did this together ) my mom used to have to work Xmas eve so it was something he loved to do with us and kept us busy for the whole day...we seemed to make thousands of them...such fun! I have done it eevery years since he has passed 16 years ago,.,make me feel closer to him during the season!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 12:57 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• When the kids were young, that's what we would do on Christmas Eve to keep everyone busy. I've never had a problem with my cookies spreading. I just use a basic sugar cookie recipe from a cookbook. Even today, with the kids grown, if I start baking they will come to the table to help decorate. Good memories!
    booksandhooks

Answer by booksandhooks at 1:57 PM on Dec. 5, 2010