Who uses mirena and do you like it?

I am considering birth control options after my twins. I read the brochure and it doesn"t sound as appealing to me now. I would love to hear from some one who has been using mirena.

LBD3910

Asked by LBD3910 at 9:21 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Health

• I love it and I am on my second one now. I have been using it for 6 years. I have not had a period in 4 years. I have not had any negative side affects.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 9:23 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I got mine a week and a half ago. It was semi painful to put in, but since you've had kids already, it's nothing you can't handle. The doctor made me go on the pill for two weeks to make sure I wasn't pregnant when they put it in....something I wasn't happy about. So being on pill for two weeks (still not remembering to take them in the first place) and then getting the mirena, I've had my period for over a week now. Other than that I've been fine.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 9:32 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I have it and loved it for the first 6 months but then I had some crazy side effects for a little while and now i'm back to normal for the time being. If I were going to go with and IUD again I think I would go with paraguard instead since it doesnt have the hormones like mirena does.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 9:32 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I got it after my son was born in April..Its ok I guess. It made me very crampy for awhile and my perios are VERY out of whack.
    xopinkstar07

Answer by xopinkstar07 at 9:33 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I had it removed at the first possible chance. It caused me all kinds of hell while I had it, including losing my milk, hair falling out, weight gain equal or surpassing what I gained while pregnant, rashes, and a bunch of other problems. I never recommend it, especially if someone is planning to breastfeed.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:02 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I've had it for 2 years, & I love it. The brochure scared me too, though! I asked my GYN about it, & she says there is almost no chance of the "adhering to or piercing the uterine wall" thing, especially if the doc's been inserting them for a while. I cramped for maybe the first 3 days, bled for maybe a week, & haven't had a period since. No more hormone swings every month, yay! & no more having to remember pills either.
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 11:04 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Minera helps with easing ur period. I have paragard...copper IUD last 10 years!!!! it is the same procedure. U feel a sharp ass pinch but after that nothing else.
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 11:38 PM on Dec. 4, 2010