Respect

PLEASE STOP SAYING JESUS "EFFIN" CHRIST!!!!!!

It is rude and disrespectful, and you don't have to TYPE it.

Why is it always Jesus and God that is being taken in vain? I have never heard any other religion being disrespected like this. If you are in a forum titled "Religious Debate" or "Religion and Beliefs" chances are there are "religious" people in there. Out of respect for those people wouldn't the ethical thing to do is try not to offend them in rude, obnoxious ways????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:22 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Words only have meaning if you give it to them, they only have power if you allow them to. Its your choice.

By the way, what exactly do you mean by "religious"? I know plenty of "religious" people who are not in the slightest offended... If you mean christian, SAY christian.

One last thing, in order for it to be "taken in vain" it must be something which the individual believes in.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:58 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I try to refrain while in company of those it may offend. It is my favorite swear word but I try to only say it at home or at my family's home.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 9:24 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I have to agree, I cringe every time I hear that! There are so many other ways to express yourself, even other cuss words to axcentuate the key points!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:25 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Everyone has their own definition of what is considered disrespectful. We wouldn't be allowed to say anything if we were always having to make sure we weren't offending someone elses sensibilities. Just saying:)

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:26 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Well, if we're going to look at offensive words. I am highly offended by the word "hate", mainly because it is such a powerful word when power is granted, and it is used very lightly by most people as a descriptor. Until you have experienced true hatred, you may not understand the significance of saying that you "Hate" something... It bothers me greatly, but I simply let it go. There are more important things to spend my time worrying about. KWIM?
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:32 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Being "respectful" and being (ugh) "politically correct" are two different animals. You CAN be respectful w/o that annoying PC crap tacked on the backside.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 10:29 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I agree. I hate hearing it. I hate hearing curse words period. I think they are disgusting, rude and make a person sound stupid.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 10:31 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• "OP-I agree totally. Even though I have my own beliefs I would never use the name of Allah, Morrigan, Hera, or Lugh as a part of any "cursing."

I agree with asmcbride. I don't like hearing it either. I know I would hate it if I heard someone use Persephone, Isis, Hecate or even
    Cernunnos in vain. so I've always tried not to take the Christian view of God in vain. out of respect of the christians on this forum even the ones that don't like my view of God or my Goddess. I also try to always capitalize the G in both God and Goddess. I feel it wouldn't be right if I capitalized the G for my Goddessbut did not do the same thing for God. any God weather it be Cernunnos or the christian view of God

flower_angel

Answer by flower_angel at 12:21 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Anonynous that said get over yourself

A question for you.. Do you know what honor and respect is ?

This attitude that was displayed... lacked both.
    You see You do not have to have value in Jesus, respect and honor shows that you value our belief in something even though you do not have the same values that we have.
    Does that make sense to you?

For example :-)
    I value Not Panicking as a person even if I do not agree with her beliefs but I will not dishonor or disrepect the things she believes in.
    We can honor and respect and value a person without taking on their value system !
    This is something the non Christians are trying to convey to us.

Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:29 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• AMEN and AMEN, Sister! I couldn't agree with you more!

you rockclapping

cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 9:39 PM on Dec. 4, 2010