Respect

PLEASE STOP SAYING JESUS "EFFIN" CHRIST!!!!!!

It is rude and disrespectful, and you don't have to TYPE it.

Why is it always Jesus and God that is being taken in vain? I have never heard any other religion being disrespected like this. If you are in a forum titled "Religious Debate" or "Religion and Beliefs" chances are there are "religious" people in there. Out of respect for those people wouldn't the ethical thing to do is try not to offend them in rude, obnoxious ways????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I don't think any pagans would care if you did say Odin Damnit, because I don't think they truly believe in all of those "gods" anyway.

sidesplittinglaughter

You know, the sad part is I think you're serious!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:19 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Seriously? Is this really worth getting upset over? I mean, you can't correct how others choose to talk and the few that do do it aren't going to stop simply because it bothers a few others. I've never understood the whole "disrespect" way of thinking either... If that's how you see it, don't say it. But those who choose to obviously don't see it that way or care... And what the hell is this "taken in vain" crap? Really? Come on... If you don't like it don't do it... But you don't get to tell others how they should or shouldn't speak - it's really that simple!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:29 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I don't think any pagans would care if you did say Odin Damnit, because I don't think they truly believe in all of those "gods" anyway. I think it is just a trendy way to be rebellious against the majority religion. It's cool to say, "I'm a pagan" and has shock effect in society. [anon]
    ----------------------------------
    Wow! Way to insult a lot of religions at one time and you do it in a thread about ... wait for it .... RESPECT!

Oh and the reasons pagans wouldn't care is because most pagans are not as uptight as others. Unlike some (note I said SOME, not ALL) Christians who are so uptight that if you shoved a piece of coal up their arse, they'd have a diamond in a week. 

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 9:45 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I'm not religious at all and even I don't like hearing that!
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 9:27 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Some folks are simply rude and obnoxious. They do not behave well. They are not considerate. And they intentionally offend people. Why? I have no idea why. But those people are not going to stop because it bothers you, that is the whole reason why they do it. I don't like it, either, but... *shrug*
    Airamana

Answer by Airamana at 10:22 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I agree, OP. Everywhere I go I hear my Lord's name being used as a curse word, and it always makes me cringe. It is rude and inconsiderate, as someone already said. I do care what people are saying about someone I love.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 9:43 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• AMEN! I agree with OP,and lamgreteful!
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 9:45 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Honestly it doesn't bother me nearly as much as other things people do here, like putting down individuals or over generalizing about the followers of a particular faith. I don't mind the lack of reverence for the religion itself, but a lack of respect or compassion for our fellow members here is something that will always bother me...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:52 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• About the only answer you would expect for Odin Dammit would be Odin popping up to say "who the hell do you think you are to tell me what to do?" As for being disrespected, you cited 3 different words, and unless one of them is your name, I really think you're projecting here.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:19 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

Yes, I do believe, and no, I don't care, because what you say to Odin is between you and Odin. It's none of my business. Much like OP's complaint is honestly, none of her business. If you really believe the guy hung from a chunk of wood for days, died, got locked in a cave and then came back to life, I seriously doubt he needs someone too cowardly to even post their name standing up for him. Sounds like he can fight his own battles if it really bothers him.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:28 PM on Dec. 4, 2010