Why would a man continue to cheat if he claims he's happy with you?

If a man cheats does it mean that he's just bing selfish and wanting booty or is it deeper problems in the relationship. He cheated, you guys are back together but he continues to cheat.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• Because he is a selfish bastard that thinks he can get what he wants and get away with it. The only problem is that some women continue to take their cheating men back again and again. So they figured if they cheat they just need to say I love you and I'm sirry and bam they get away with it again
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:32 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• He's testing you. He wants to have his "booty" and - well you know the rest. I say you show him that a person is only so forgiving & that he's lost his chance to be w/ you. You need to move on, or this will continue to be a pattern. You dont deserve that. Good luck.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:34 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Some men just get off on the though of being naughty.
    Anonymous

• Yes he is very selfish and also it could jd be he is not mature enough to handle a serious relationship. You have to decide if that is the type of man you want in your life. Personally I think any woman deserves better if she is giving her all she should get his in return
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 9:38 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Being happy isn't the same thing as being fulfilled. He can be very happy with you, and yet still feel like he's missing something else. I don't believe there are ever two people who are 100% a match and can fulfill 100% of each others needs. To me that means you either learn to ignore those aspects which are unfulfilled or agree to fill them without the other. When it's a sexual aspect which isn't being filled it tends to cause issues in the marriage - which is why I believe in open marriage - but it is something which can be worked through. And, no, I don't believe it's always selfishness, many times it's simply a need which isn't being addressed at home... I know for many couples therapy is a wonderful option because it helps to open the lines of communication which have broken down and helps both parties understand what the other needs.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:43 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Just because he cheats doesnt mean he doesnt love you, however he is being very selfish. I dont believe in cheating and I believe if you have the urge to step out on your marriage then have the guts and honesty to tell your spouse you want out before hand. The hurt of a cheating spouse is one that never goes away even if your strong enough to forgive. You cant have it both ways but you dont have to hurt someone so deep that you say love, love them enough to leave before you step out with someone else. the problem with couples today is they dont take there vows seriously. Our parents who were married in the 60s know what a true marriage is and they keep marriage real. Its to bad that cheating, dishonesty, porn etc becomes more important than our marriage these days. If he wont stop and make your marriage a priority its time to move on and respect yourself.
    desperateat48

Answer by desperateat48 at 9:47 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• He has some problems, personality disorders, no sense of right and wrong. He could possible still love you but he can't stop himself. It is called hypersexuality. A disease in which they have no control over wanting more sex, more challenges. more risks. It is something he really needs help with. Until he admits he needs help, he won't change. You have to decide if he is worth it and of your marriage is worth it and will it survive.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:00 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• GET RID OF HIS ASS !!!!!

If he is a cheater, he does not have any respect for you or your family ♥♥♥♥♥

He could have other babies "out there"

AW HELL NAW !!!!!!
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 12:05 AM on Dec. 5, 2010