How do you boost youre Holiday spirits if you feel like youre overwhelming youreself with Sadness and worry?

Sorry if that didnt make any sense , im newly Single this Christmas after 15 years:( I am haveing a hard time financaily and dealing with the holidays in general.My kids are still young, my younger two are 11&7 and Still beleive in Santa. My question is How do you suck it up and deal with youre own emotions and make youserself happy?? I grew up in a Huge family my dad has terminal Cancer another thing thats bringing me down :( He && My Mom were never able to Provide that awesome Christmas but let us know and reminded us Every year its not about the gifts. To this day i believe that , I was doing realy well and now with the holidays its hitting me hard:(How do you put that Smile back and make youreself in better sprits for youre kids?? Any advice suggestions??

SparklingMom78

Asked by SparklingMom78 at 9:35 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Holidays

• I've had alot of hardships and wasted alot of time worrying about things I could do nothing about. One day I realized all that time I spent worrying was time I would never get back and decided then that this is my life and I control it, so I always try to find the positive in every negative and live my life to the fullest! Always smile at strangers and say hello, because maybe they to have it bad. So start now, SMILE, and enjoy life! :)
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 9:42 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• If you have the time maybe volunteer to help out this holiday season( and if you involve the kids you give them an awesome and valuable lesson). I can't think of anything that is more satisfying than knowing I have have helped someone else who is in dire need. Otherwise, I just take a deep breath and try to take it one day at a time. It is okay to be sad after all that you have been through; major upheaval is bound to make anyone feel a little low on holiday spirit. I think your Dad would rather see you celebrate this holiday with joy!
    Lillybean09

Answer by Lillybean09 at 9:43 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Thank you , i always Smile at anyone i just am so stressed out and sad i am haveing a hard time with everything worried about provideing gifts , my dad sad about everything:( Thank you i kknow i always believed its not helathy to worry about things and dont cry ocver it:( Helps to hear someone else advice.
    SparklingMom78

Comment by SparklingMom78 (original poster) at 9:44 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Put on some Christmas music, put up a few decorations, make some hot chocolate and sing along with the carols. Spend a little time writing out a few, well thought out Christmas letters to people who are very important to you, concentrating on the positive things and how they have been a blessing to your life. Bake some cookies with your kids and suck on peppermint sticks while your doing it. If your in an area of the country with snow - go for a walk in the snow and pelt each other with snow balls.

Just take some time to soak the positive stuff in. I can appreciate that there is a huge amount weighing you down (and big hugs to you for that), but we don't get a second chance to re-live now. Take the positive you and find and just revel in it.

Good luck, Mama!
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 9:46 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Thank you both so much for the advice , i have been listening to christmas music and today played in the Snow with the kids .I do volunteer alot this time of year and am looking forward to it:) I guess when you have that moement and everything starts to sink ion it just hurts and it makes you feel Rotten. I Love to bake and am hopeing to be able to , times are hard and thats the one thing i have Always enjoyed most with my kids and the Music:))
    SparklingMom78

Comment by SparklingMom78 (original poster) at 9:52 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I'll tell you a joke to get you started smiling...Why do old men take viagra?
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 9:54 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• To keep from falling out of bed!!!
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 9:55 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I would suggest doing something for someone else. I would find out how you AND your children can volunteer this Christmas season. There are a lot of volunteer opportunities where children can safely help out. Do some research! It will make you feel better for helping someone with a greater need, AND it will teach your children an important life lesson of helpin others - being compassionate.
    texassahm

Answer by texassahm at 10:09 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Lol@ Kathy:) Thank You I needed a Laugh:)
    texassahm Thank you we Volunteer at our Chruch for there Christmas Play and We love it :) && We always Volunteer at a Local Neighborhood Churchs Dinner night for the Community in need on Christmasa eve we did it last year and will do it again this year.
    I love to give suyrew wish i was better off and would help anothewr family hopefullY Next Year:)
    SparklingMom78

Comment by SparklingMom78 (original poster) at 10:20 PM on Dec. 4, 2010