PITBULL QUESTION

does neone have indoor/outdoor pits? or pits that stay out side all the time?? I have two pit bulls the male is aprox 3 yrs old the female his puppy is 6months old....my question is how to tell if he may have frost bite or something else going on? he was in the kennel inside his dog house we decided to bring dogs in since it had snowed when i went to bring him in he stayed in dog house & was growling at us did not want to stand up hasnt ate all day from what kids had said when we finally got him out he didnt want to walk n when he did he was taking funny steps like bull legged almost what should we do we gave him warm food warm bath and warm milk i looked online and they said slowly warm the dog back to body temp he is still stiff and just not acting "normal" yet how long should we wait till er vet?

hiswifey0725

Asked by hiswifey0725 at 9:35 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Pets

• My mom has a Pitbull. But he's always inside (except when he goes to the bathroom of course). I'd call and ask them.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 9:37 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• You need to take him to the vet. Also, Pits should NEVER be out door dogs. As tough as they appear they do not have what it takes to protect them against the weather, heat or cold. Even with shelter.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 9:51 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I agree with everyone else, we had a pitbull sharpe mix and he was for sure no outside dog, nothing like our wolf newfoundland mix lol.

call the vet or emergency clinic and ask for their advice. I would bring him in if it were my pet..

good luck
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 9:59 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• i had a pit mix when i was a kid and he froze, seriously..he was frozen stiff! my dad brought him in and wrapped him in blankets and put him on the heater vent (central) and he thawed out and was fine
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:12 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I would call the vet immediately, why wait!?!
    pitbull4me

Answer by pitbull4me at 10:22 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• thanks every one for the advise the vet said keep him indoors & warm the nearest er vet is 45 mins away he said dont worry unless he starts acting funny labored breathing spike or major decrease in temp wont eat or drink & so on....bring him in first thing on monday morning he is some what back to normal he is eating playing a little bit mainly just lying around but doing better YAY
    hiswifey0725

Comment by hiswifey0725 (original poster) at 10:59 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I'd never own one myself, especially with small children around.
    SavageGrl

Answer by SavageGrl at 10:25 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• THIS is why you don't leave dogs outside.
    Please, give your dogs to someone with a half a brain.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 12:20 PM on Dec. 6, 2010