Does/did your partner ever feed your baby at night?

How many times a month on average did your partner feed your baby at night so you can get some uninterrupted sleep? Did you have to ask him to do it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm sorry to hear he wasn't supportive of breastfeeding. Does he have any idea of all of the benefits of it?? There are SO many other things to do with a baby, I don't see why guys get bent out of shape about not getting to feed the baby.
    DS was EBFed, but when DH knew I'd had a LOOONG day and needed my sleep, he'd warm up some frozen BM and give him that. It only happened a couple of times. Eventually, DS and I figured out ways to let him nurse while I slept.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:56 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Mine did it when we were in the hospital and did it if he was awake. Otherwise...he was just a really heavy sleeper. I co-slept until they slept through the night so I could just pop the boob out and fall right back to sleep.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 9:39 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I always nursed, so he couldn't. But he always got up and got the baby and brought them to me if they weren't already in our bed... If they needed changed or anything he always did that part too.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:38 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• My son was BF until he was 6w old @ that point I would go to bed @ 9. My husband would feed the baby @ 11 & I wouldnt need to wake again until 3am so id get 6hrs. :)
    pinkcicle709

Answer by pinkcicle709 at 9:39 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Since I was breastfeeding, I would have to get up either way, I would have to pump while my husband fed him a bottle. He and I worked it out for the 2 months that I would feed him and then get 4 hrs of sleep and so on. But, as the time went on I did feel I had to ask him to do it.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 9:42 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Never, he always said he had to get up for work
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 9:38 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Never! With all 3 kids.He never woke up when they cried. It was easier to just get it doe then bother waking him too.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:42 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• He did with our first child because she was FF but our second he never did since he was BF
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:43 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• he did a few times the first week, and my daughter startes sleeping through the night at 3 weeks.
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 9:46 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Breast fed & coslept. We didn't have sleep issues, it was pretty peaceful until they got older and weren't eating at night. I still miss those quiet times :(
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:54 PM on Dec. 4, 2010