My husband has betrayed me for 50yrs. in every sexual way there is and more. I found out 3yrs ago and I was in total disbelief then I was sick then terrible hurt and now I am so angry that he put me at risk for every kind of disease there is. I want out but am old and have no money also I am quite sick. I have been a faithful and good wife, a loyal wife always. Why has God let this happen to me now when I am already at my lowest? What can or should I do? Has anyone been betrayed like this?

annie154

Asked by annie154 at 9:44 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• Thats horrible. First God didn't do this your husband did this. It's a choice you'll have to make. If you have family you maybe you could stay with them. I would stop having sex with my husband all together so I wouldn't catch anything. I'm young but in my short life I've been betrayed and sat to say also very dependent on someone. My mother left my father after 26 yrs of marriage, moved in with her sister for awhile until she could get her feet back on the ground now she's doing great and my father is the one mourning. Anything is possible.

Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 9:49 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I am so sorry you are dealing w/ this. But please dont blame God, put the blame where it belongs- on your husb. Put your faith in God, and pray for HIs strength during this difficult time. Blame the Devil for tempting your husb. and blame your husb. for not having the strong enough faith to resist it & honor your vows. Some men arent cut out to be nurturers & he is escaping his reality of seeing you be so sick. I hope you have family & friends to lean on to help you through all this. Good luck. *hugs
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:50 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• If i were you. I would leave the man. He does not deserve you. It was your choice to stay with him. Do you have any friends/family that could take you in for a bit until you could get back on your feet.
    ChildGoddess

Answer by ChildGoddess at 9:51 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• 50 years what the hell....Your never to old to respect yourself. You need to find a way to leave, stay with friends whatever and take him to the cleaners. Your sick but you dont have to be sad anymore. Surround yourself with people who care. Take what ever years you have left and enjoy them. Being alone and happy is better than being married, sad and used. Do not give him one more minute of your time.
    desperateat48

Answer by desperateat48 at 9:53 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Sweey listen...God did not do anything to hurt you it was that SOB. Don't allow him to have you blaming your God. Your faith will keep you strong if you keep your belief strong. I understand your fear for I had to start over at a older age, with health problems and nothing as well after ten years with my ex but you know what? After almost five years I am striving and doing so much better with each passing year without him then I ever did with him. Believe in yourself and stay strong in your faith and trust me you will see your blessings. Peace and happiness will be with you
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 9:54 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Prayers for you!! I know you may feel like "why me God...but boost yourself up, and think THANK YOU GOD FOR LETTING ME FIND OUT NOW" you only can empower yourself! Hope you get better w/ whatever sickness is going on!
    mohme2three

Answer by mohme2three at 10:12 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• First you need to let go of the anger that seems to be destroying you! You can't blame God because the devil came into your life. I don't believe that 50 years of cheating went on without you ever having a clue! You know you saw some signs and put them down as something else. Don't you? So I think you are angry at yourself for having faith in a man who turned out to be unworthy. Let go of the anger; look around you at what you have to be thankful for-and I think that your physical health may improve with your outlook on life! I am sorry that bad things happen to good people-and I believe that God is sorry too; but something positive can come out of this-just look up to God and ask him to carry you through this rough spot.
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 10:12 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Being "old" doesn't mean you MUST force yourself to stay there and continue to be hurt.
    It is not easy.
    But moving on is important. At any age.
    Do you have family-friends to help you?

HUGS.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 11:36 PM on Dec. 4, 2010