How can I get the cat smell out of my house?

So, my husband rescued two very young kittens. They were not trained to use a litter box so we had to train them, which we did. We read that when you get kittens you should give the a litter box, place to sleep and food and water all in on room. In our house the bathroom made the most sense to do this. So obviously we've had quite the experiene training these cats and the smell from them urinating is lingering in our bath room. It's aweful! I've washed all of the linens, mopped scrubbed and I cannot get the smell out.
PLEASE HELP ME!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Pets

• Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 9:47 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• vinegar is the only thing i have found that neutralizes cat urine, clothes, carpets, bedding, walls , what ever and keep it in a spray bottle mixed with a little water,,, if its things like pillows, throw rugs or what ever can be put in a washer or tub of water, dip it in the vinegar and let air dry if you can, i had a cat named cujo, lol, he would get upset if i left and would spray,, trust me it works

noRedemption

Answer by noRedemption at 9:58 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I use white vinegar and water 1/2 & 1/2.
    Tikismom

Answer by Tikismom at 10:14 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• febreze?
    jov123

Answer by jov123 at 12:18 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Vinegar is the best! I usually use baking soda afterwards too.
    corbysmom531

Answer by corbysmom531 at 12:30 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• It may be on the walls. Scrub everything with vinegar.
    SavageGrl

Answer by SavageGrl at 10:25 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• I think Petco or Petsmart carries ECO88....enviromentally friendly and IT WORKS better than anything Ive ever bought.
    Sandyr911

Answer by Sandyr911 at 5:29 PM on Dec. 7, 2010