since i just found out we cannot attend his navy bootcamp graduation, and we know for sure he has 10 day leave , will he be able to get on a plane the day of gradutation once its done?

he graduated December 22nd, could you atleast tell me if he will be home before christmas?

tammygal12209

Asked by tammygal12209 at 9:52 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• Is he graduating out of Great Lakes? If so, no he will not get to go on a plane the day he graduates. They get something called liberty that weekend.. from 8am-8pm ish usually. The next week they have to report to their next duty station, my husbands was A school. Unless, he gets put on hold in GL. I'm sorry, I hope this helps... He should be able to give you more information!!
    Sarahe786

Answer by Sarahe786 at 9:57 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Is he going to A school? He will get liberty graduation weekend (zero chance he'll be able to leave), then be shipped off to an A school (or even seaman school if not A school). Seaman school is 6 weeks, I believe. You don't get your leave until after you've finished school and before you check in to your next duty station. So I wouldn't count on him being home for Christmas. Sorry!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:26 AM on Dec. 5, 2010