My husband mentioned this to me today & I told him I'd ask on CM...

Totally not being disrespectful, we are honestly curious...

We have recently noticed that all Jehovah's Witness' church buildings are totally free of windows & we were wondering if there is a specific reason why. I was going to ask my neighbor, who is A JW, but she works a lot & I hardly ever get to see her.

If any one can let me know about this I would appreciate it. Thanx.

ghostwriter777

Asked by ghostwriter777 at 10:15 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Purely for Argument sake... Note the windows.

kingdom hall Pictures, Images and Photos

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:31 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I'm studying with JW's and i've been to the kingdom hall and they have like 6 windows, 3 big ones on each side. I visited 2 other halls and they also had windows, so i dont know, i've only been to 3 different halls and they all had windows, i'll ask tomorrow if there's a reason why some dont have. i'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with satan though.
    Jordansmommy777

Answer by Jordansmommy777 at 10:52 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Sabrina, I love the date on the picture!
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:37 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I'm a Jehovah's witness and the hall that I attend has windows, i've never actually seen a hall without windows. i visited a friend and went to her hall about an hour away from me and they had huge windows.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 11:07 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I grew up JW, and ALL of our halls had windows. The thing is, JWs run everything purely on donations, and windows are more expensive, so to keep costs down many of the newer builds simply don't include them. It's simply a cost thing, that's all.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:28 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I have noticed that most of them do not have street side windows, but I have seen a few that are architecturally unique (there was one in Greenville SC which a member of the congregation built- he owned a contracting company, and he had fun with it). As explained by my JW friends growing up, it is simply a place for gathering, and needs not be ornate for the presence of their god to descend. They also build in the more simplistic styles as a conservationist method of saving funds.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:37 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I never noticed that before, but now you have me curious too.
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 10:17 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Good question, and I honestly don't know the answer, but I would like to track this in the case that someone else does!
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 10:17 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I've noticed that, too. Bump.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:19 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• no idea...I'm sorry
    tracylyn245

Answer by tracylyn245 at 10:20 PM on Dec. 4, 2010