Anime??? What can you tell me about this...

My niece, she is obsessed with this stuff...all she talks about...so much so that her parents took her to Japan this summer so she could see all things Japanese....she eat, breathes and talks NOTHING but, this stuff...like they are her BFF's....I did not know that she was that into it...and frankly...I have only ever heard of it in passing...don't know much about it...so can you tell me...what age range usually gets into this stuff...why is it so attractive??? Please help me in any way you can...LOL!! I am totally lost when it comes to this stuff....thanks!

kiwi91663

Asked by kiwi91663 at 10:17 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• idk alot about it but do know some of it is pretty raunchy she should be "monitored" just to make sure she's not getting the crazy stuff
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:19 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Really...wow...I am surprised then that her parents are all for this...this is getting stranger and stranger to me....thanks for your input!
    kiwi91663

Comment by kiwi91663 (original poster) at 10:22 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I dont know about "age range". My 13 yr old is really into it BUT so is my almost 40 yr old husband. I dont think she would be so into it if he hadn't introduced her to it. He only lets her watch things that are more normal. They also go to anime conventions together. Its really a good thing for them to share. They have fun with it
    Anonymous

• well some anime is fine but i got one for my instant que on netflix (for dh) an it was topless warrior chicks lol it was messed up and there are some pornographic ones too it's crazy! she should just be "filtered" i guess
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:34 PM on Dec. 4, 2010