Are there Really any legitimate Work at Home Opportunities on this site?

I am a new mommy this year and in search of an opportunity with LOW or NO start up fee, that will allow me to stay home with my Baby CC

HappyMommyofCC

Asked by HappyMommyofCC at 10:22 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Money & Work

• Do you mean work at home with this site? Or are you looking to find work at home? The first thing you need to do is to decide what you enjoy doing. Would you like to sell on eBay, babysit, houseclean? Or are you looking for a position such as customer service/call center work? You can really do any job at home if the employer will let you. Sprint hires for work at home in my town as does Convergys. If you'd like I do blog about work at home ideas and opportunities in my Blog, you can read that at Mavi's Home Work.   Otherwise, just search around and do your research.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:27 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• A legitimate work at home job should not require any start up costs.
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 11:15 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Congratulations on being a New Mommy. It's such a blessing!! I'm not sure what you're looking for, but I work from home and I love it! I am a stay at home Mommy to my 3 year old son, and 20 month old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we help each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! Free website, training, and unlimited support!!
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!

Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Helping MOMS Work from Home since 1999!
    Visit my website:
    www.OurCEOMom.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 2:40 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I don't know if you want to do childcare in your home, but you could look at www.care.com. There are other categories of jobs there too. Use the pulldown and you will see the other categories. The closer you live to a city the more variety there is for jobs.  Another site is www.sittercity.com  GL

elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:42 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to http://www.ivaa.org/ http://www.iavoa.com/ http://www.vanetworking.com/
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques.. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization, I also do career and job search coaching; additionally, I handle the business end of my spouse's business, and do medical billing and coding one day a week for one of my bookkeeping clients.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:31 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Well, let me put it this way. If you're looking to buy a product off a fellow mom, it's great. But Cafemom is not a job board and shouldn't be used as one.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:54 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• homecareersuccess.com if you want a low start up and you aare christian, lets talk about scriptures, free to join and a website is only $5 for the whole year!
    IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 8:59 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Sell business products online. Affiliate marketing sites like cj.com and linkshare have a ton of products you could sell and earn commission from. Its very easy to get started today! You could use blogger.com - free blogging platform or create a free wordpress.com - blogging platform sites.

Or You could do crap like take free online paid surveys. List of paid surveys - paid-surveys-info.com/paid-surveys/us/list/

afunguy24

Answer by afunguy24 at 6:01 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• I just started using this website called Varolo.com. I watch tv commercials on the site. It is totally free and it just launched. I watched 15 commercials from 15 sec to 1 min long. I have not gotten any cash from it yet but I figured what the heck I sitting in front of the computer all day anyway why not try this and see if it works. It really costs nothing to join and watch. I have never put my credit card info or any bank info on the site. They pay you through paypal. Just thought you might want to try it. Here is my link. http://www.varolo.com/village/abartender If you join my village I get money when you watch commercials too, and when you sponser people you make money when they watch. It is a really cool idea... wish I had thought of it. Just try it! I had nothing to lose, any little bit helps when you are out of work like I am
    mitzu3000gt

Answer by mitzu3000gt at 11:23 AM on Dec. 14, 2010

• mitzu3000qt dont know if ill actually like thewebsite but i joind under ur village so that you can earn point if i do and for the other person who requested blogging really like the idea im going to start and blog and see how it goes.
    sophiasmommy720

Answer by sophiasmommy720 at 4:53 PM on Jan. 17, 2011