Seriously, i need to SNAP out of it I cannot STAND this name though!!

My husbands middle name is Eugene.. he loves it.. he has a tattoo of it on his back! I dont feel like Eugene is a name that most people love.. lol! I cannot STAND it.. only because when I was little I named ALL my animals and dolls Eugene and dreamed of having a huge fat puppy to name Eugene. Im so tired of the name Eugene.. and ive dodged it for a LONG time.. we have three girls.. now were having a boy.. I am so excited to finally have a boy, but having Eugene for his middle name just makes me cringe everytime someone asks me what we want to name him.

havent found a first name yet, and im trying to like the middle name for my husbands sake, but will it ever grow on me? i really never wanted to name my son something Eugene... ugh.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• Sorry but I am cracking up on you naming everything Eugene when you were little....never thought you'd end up marrying one, huh? How about a different way of spelling it perhaps? (e.g. Ujean, or something similar?) Also, remember that the only time us mom's use the middle name when calling our children is when they are in BIG trouble - so it hopefully won't be used much! lol GL hunny!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 11:14 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• my grandma's middle name was Eugene, lol, Alice Eugene, so yeah, it could be worse
    TXColter

Answer by TXColter at 10:58 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• tell him flat out no you dont want that for a middle name then
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:25 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I wouldn't want to name my child something I didn't like either. Is it a tradition in the family? Maybe he can think of a different name that you would both like?
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 10:27 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I have a friend whose dad's middle is Eugene. Its his dad's name too. When they had a son the named his middle name Gene instead because she did not like Eugene. Maybe that is an option for you.
    Anonymous

• you pick the first name, dad will pick the middle, sounds fair enough. eugene isn't that bad and you can have a more positive idea to go along with the name now. but go ahead and tell him how you feel. sometimes moms just have this great name picked out and can't wait to use it, my ex's name is rusty (russell) bc his mom ALWAYS wanted a little boy named rusty and i HATED it, but my son's middle name is now russell and it isn't that bad.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:33 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• do it for your husband, he should have a say too
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:25 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• he gets so upset.. its so ANNOYING! lol!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:25 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• it is his middle name, and his dads.. so yes its a tradition, and im huge on traditions.. so im trying to like it, but not only do i not like it, i absolutely cannot stand it lol. and I tried the Gene thing.. he is not a taker..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:31 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Think of it this way...if its a middle name you wont have to say it all the time. Just live with it. Could be worse.
    Anonymous