Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

i have a 5 year old son in his dad has been on in out of his life in i cant take it no more should he has not sent me no money for his son he lives out of state what do i do

Answer Question
Nikki G.

Asked by Nikki G. at 10:33 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

Level 2 (9 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • Take him to court hell have to appear or call in depending on the state and theyll issue a support order

    Answer by bseastrand at 10:36 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

  • You can file for CS in your state and they will contact the other state and get the money from him.

    Answer by admckenzie at 10:46 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

  • File for child support, there shouldn't be any reason you don't get it unless dad's name isn't on the birth certificate.

    Answer by gumby11883 at 11:13 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

  • yea he not on the brith certificate he was not there when i was feeling it out
    Nikki G.

    Comment by Nikki G. (original poster) at 11:27 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

  • You need to either forget him, and don't allow him in the child's life, or file for child support. The court will do a DNA test since he's not on the birth certificate. If it turns out he's not the father, you may have to return previous cs, but I don't know that 100%. Don't allow your son to have a father who is sometimes in his life and sometimes not. That is damaging.

    Answer by corbysmom531 at 11:30 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.