best thing to take to help with...

a cold that is making me lose my voice? i can barely talk and when I do it sounds like I am wisphering. I hate having a cold..and rarely get one, but when I do its awful! Any suggestions on what to take?

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 10:33 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I would recommend hot chicken noodle soup, nyquil and a good nights sleep. Take it easy tomorrow and use lots of cough drops...get well soon.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 10:36 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Throat Coat herbal tea found usually in the organic section of your grocery store. I have found it in the smallest towns. Feels so good on your throat.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 10:38 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• tea w honey and lemon. lemon cuts the mucous and honey helps coat the throat so u wont dry out.
    Jazmineamomma

Answer by Jazmineamomma at 11:30 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I'm dealing with the same thing and the lemon and honey did bring my voice back some, still trying to find the rest of it.
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 12:14 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I have found that a hot toddy helps me most. a cup with whiskey-honey-lemon and add hot water! Use enough whiskey and you won't even care that your voice is scratchy! Then get a good night's sleep-the whiskey will help with that!
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 12:20 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I rarely take OTC meds since they rarely help that much. I take my reg. multi-vitamin along w/ zinc, vitamin C, & euchenacea (natural supplements) That seems to help speed the recovery process. Add in some chicken noodle soup, get plenty of rest and stay hydrated. Hope you feel better soon. :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:04 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I agree with tea, honey and lemon. Hot tea. I always drink that when I catch a cold. Ugh, I hate getting sick too!
    booksandhooks

Answer by booksandhooks at 1:53 PM on Dec. 5, 2010