He talks about his past girlfriends. . . (TMI) adult content

My husband not only talks about and tells me stories about his ex-girlfriends AND fuck-buddies, but points them out to me when we happen to be out doing something. We could be anywhere. . . eating lunch, shopping, anything. He'll all of a sudden point some chick out (who is usually hotter than me by the way) and go on about things they'd do. In a lot of detail. All sorts of things I DO NOT want to know or be thinking about.

Every time I go to the bank and get a certain teller, all I do is stand there the whole time the transaction is going through and think about he and her and the things I've heard him say they've done. It feels horrible.

How do I get him to understand that I really don't want to know about his sex life before he and I got together? We live in his small hometown and I don't know anyone here aside from him and his family and it feels like a slap in the face that the only people I recognize apart from them are women that he's had numerous sexual 'adventures' with.

meganbearden

Asked by meganbearden at 10:35 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Relationships

• When he starts talking just gently remind him of when you two got together and decided the past was the past and you don't need to or want to hear about it. In that moment explain again, that you don't like when he does that and to keep it to himself. Generally a mans response will be that you are over reacting. I would then say ok, maybe I am and let it drop. In the next day or so I would do it to him, recall a hot and steamy night with whoever and just pick a guy walking by. Point him out and go for it..." Oh wow, did you see that guy? I never thought I would see him again. I wonder what he is doing here? Oh him, over there, its John. Oh the night we had......"

Two wrongs don't make a right, but sometimes you just have to show someone how wrong they are before they get it.
    mom2queenie2004

Answer by mom2queenie2004 at 8:20 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• sounds like he has very little respect for you and those other women, like they are objects
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:38 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• OMG...How many women did he sleep with. You should ask him how he would feel if you told him a story about a past boyfriend. Is he trying to make you jealous or something?
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 10:41 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Get up and walk away when he starts that crap & tell him that's rude and you don't want to be disrespected by hearing that nonsense. He's probably making it all up anyway

Answer by admckenzie at 10:39 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Tell him you dont want to know. Also, cut him off when he starts and keep changing the subject.
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 10:41 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I guess you tamed him. Good for you. In time he will stop. My hubby used to like to brag too, but now so not.
    mamacita69930

Answer by mamacita69930 at 10:46 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• We both have extensive sexual history, and when we got together, we both decided that that didn't matter. It would be easier to deal with if this wasn't a town that I have no tie to. If we were in MY hometown, I'd just give him a dose of his own medicine and see how he likes it when I start pointing out guys I'VE slept with. I've been tempted to do so next time we go to drop off my daughter with my ex-husband, like suggest a list of restaraunts I know that some of my ex-boyfriends/ex-fuck-buddies work at and let him pick where we go to lunch that way and then regale him with stories about that person. I honestly just don't want to think about him being with other women, it isn't that I'm insanely jealous about it, it's just that it makes me feel insecure. . . like, am I interesting enough for him?

Don't get me wrong, he's a great guy, and this is pretty much the ONLY thing that he does that I don't appreciate.
    meganbearden

Comment by meganbearden (original poster) at 10:49 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• YES TO ALL ABOVE ......

If he had any real respect for you....

HONEY.

He would shut the hell up !!!!
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 11:53 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• He obviously doesnt respect you or having any respect for the women hes pointing out at that so rude on some many levels like seriously come on now get real i think you should ignore him when he points out other women he has slept with in his past i think hes just trying to get you jealous and he probably thinks its working so he keeps doing it cus you listen to him when he starts talking about his past sex life just change the subject and quick like say oh look at this purse or shirt or something lol i would definitely get mad if i were you ..
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 2:04 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• oh ye of little class....... he doesn't respect you.
    maya123

Answer by maya123 at 3:43 AM on Dec. 5, 2010