Am I having a miscarriage?

I will try to keep this as short as possible. I am 10 weeks pregnant and for the past 2-3 weeks I have had some off and on spotting. Occasionally there has been a little discharge that looked like tiny clots or tinted, but clear discharge with squiggly lines. The last 3 days I have been cramping. Yesterday I passed 2 or 3 pea size clots that were dark brown/black and I spotted a little. Around 3pm I started cramping really bad and it had got worse throughout the evening, but I am not spotting or passing anything. It feels like a constant cramp but occasionally there are a few sharp pains. I have felt a sharp pain inside my vag about 2 times. My lower back is hurting. No sharp pains, but a constant pain. It doesnt really hurt, but its just enough for me to take notice. I have never had a miscarriage....4 healthy pregnancys. Ive tried reading online but Im not finding it helpful. Just about every website says there will be alot of blood and thats not what I have. If anyone has experienced this, could you please help me? I would go to the local hospital, but they dont have a sonogram machine and the nearest one is 75 miles away and I dont want to take my 9 month old out at this time of night. I plan on getting an appointment Monday. Thanks in advance

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Call your doctor or go to the hospital and let them do an exam.
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 10:45 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• You should have contacted your doctor the first time you noticed any blood. If you are having a miscarriage (not saying you are; not a doctor) there isnt anything they will be able to do for you. Not saying this to be harsh but been through it numerous times.
    Anonymous

• Hang in there drink plenty fluids and stay on your back. I don't think you are having one, but to be safe, just rest! G/L!!
    jennibun86

Answer by jennibun86 at 10:47 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• When I was 19 weeks pregnant I had really sharp pain in my back so bad I started vomit. It was not as bad in the beginning but progressively got worst.I thought I was for sure having a miscarriage. It took 2 days for them to find out I had a cyst. It could be something like that. The spotting and clotting sounds normal but if you're feeling pain then something more is happening. I hope you see your doctor soon. If you think it's getting even a little worst, or feeling like if it get's any worse you cant stand it go to the doctor. Your health and the babies health is most important. Wow 75 miles thats crazy.

Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 10:50 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I did go when it first started almost 3 weeks ago. At the time I was just spotting off and on. Everything was fine then, but it was before the clots and before the cramping.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:52 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• You can bleed while pregnant but its not "normal". Clots are really not normal. I would be calling your doctor & see what advice they give you ASAP
    Anonymous

• Thank you for the responses! Last December I had a gush of blood when I pee'd that morning (I was 6 months pregnant) They told me it was normal, my cervix was oozing is what they said. Most liking caused from sex and a sensitive cervix. But this Im going through now is very different and the stomach pain has got to the point that it is making me double over. Im going to call the local hospital even though they dont have a sonogram machine...maybe there is something they can do.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:57 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Sorry need to re-write on my comment. The bleeding and clotting dont sound normal because it can be a sign of miscarriage.

Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 10:59 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I know that some women lightly spot during pregnancy...and although its not really common, it does happen. However the clots are more concerning. Like the other poster said, if you are indeed having a miscarriage, which is hard to say at this point, there is nothing anyone will be able to do to stop it, unforunately, so just just water and rest, call your doctor in the morning and go from there. Good luck.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:07 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• It is normal to have some bleeding. I had the streaked blood on toilet paper off and on again from week 14 to week 21 my Dr. told me that it is normal but I didn't have any clots. When I had my miscarriages I was bleeding really bad worse than a period with huge clots. Good Luck and Best Wishes
    Candie2008

Answer by Candie2008 at 11:12 PM on Dec. 4, 2010