my children and new husband dont get along

my children and new husband dont get along, and i am stuck in the middel and i have finals next week and i cant study, what can i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:48 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Did you know that they didn't get along before you got married? If you did, then why did you get married before the issues were resolved in the first place?
    meganbearden

Answer by meganbearden at 10:54 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• They did get along, my husbamd aske them firt befor asking me.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:57 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Family meeting.
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 11:02 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Well you need to get to the root of the problem. Obviously they are butting heads about something and you all need to talk it out.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:19 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I would put them all in time out until your finals are over. You are stressed, they are stressed by you being less available, etc... They just need to stay out of each others way for right now, and you guys can do some major communicating and working this out over Christmas break.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 11:22 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• You both are right, and that's what i will do. Thank You Both :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:24 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• how long have you known this? have you ever asked why? did you ever think to reconsider marrying this guy? how old is your child? how long have you known this man? i would not put no man before GOD AND MY CHILD
    mememommie

Answer by mememommie at 12:20 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• im 17 i went through all this i was just jelous becuz my mom was happy with her bf and i felt left out and always remember always be with the guy you and yur kids like becuz if they dont then yur relationships gonna suck!! best LUCK
    alexander138012

Answer by alexander138012 at 4:19 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• i think you and the fmily have to talk about it,i've been there before and it's a tough one but now me and my step son is now close to eachother
    neng999

Answer by neng999 at 5:05 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I am a "seasoned stepmom" of ten years. I have moderated and owned several stepmom support websites. It's OLD news that when people get married things typically get worse. When you were dating there wasn't a full-blown threat of life interruption - but now that you're married it's "permanent" so they all the emotions they were holding in before the marriage are exploding now.
    texassahm

Answer by texassahm at 6:26 PM on Dec. 5, 2010