should i let him see his son or not

he 5 in he dont know his dad at all out of 5 years he seen him 2 out of 5 whats should i do

Nikki G.

Asked by Nikki G. at 11:01 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would never keep the father from his children unless there was substance, physical, or sexual abuse. People change. My DH didn't start trying to see his daughter until she was 10 because he thought his life would be better without him. He then really started to try to see her and the mother won't let him. He always paid support.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 11:07 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I think you should let the child see his father, you have deprived him of his fathers love for to long,he would be a more stable child .
    COCOAPOD

Answer by COCOAPOD at 11:18 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I would let him see his daddy now and let him decide if he wants to continue seeing him when he is older. If you never give him the opportunity he may grow up resenting that. However, I do agree with ashisamom in that if there is any kind of substance, physical or sexual abuse THEN I may be tempted to not allow him to enter the child's life or at least to do so with a court ordered monitored visitation schedule ensuring the child's safety
    NessGuinness

Answer by NessGuinness at 11:20 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• no way. If he really wanted to see his kid he would do it. As a parent you would do anything in your power to see ypour child. And odviously he didnt. So now that he decides to grow a heart and play daddy role you are suppose to jump and just allow him no way. Just ask him where were you all the time that my baby was ick
    beenie21

Answer by beenie21 at 11:26 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• thanks very much i dont want to keep him from him but he dont want to have any thing to do with him when he calls or any thing thats way i asked
    Nikki G.

Comment by Nikki G. (original poster) at 11:26 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• i have why he has not come down here he says he to busy so i give up but he wants me to go up there in i dont want to in he tells me that i'm keeping him from him he make me feel bad
    Nikki G.

Comment by Nikki G. (original poster) at 11:40 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Every child needs to know their father. Period. It's up to you to get your son excited about meeting and spending time with his father. I made 4 trips a year from Oregon to San Diego so my daughter could know her daddy. It was an l8 hour drive each way; but I was determined that she would grow up knowing who her daddy was. Then when she was about 4; he moved and left no forwarding address-I didn't even have a phone number for him! So she went the next 7 years not ever talking to him or seeing him! Then after getting back in touch after all those years; he would call her ad ask her what she wanted for Christmas. Not that she EVER saw anything! Her one other call a year came right before her birthday-same results! But when she was l4 he finally moved up here to get to know her; he rents a room from us. It's too late for him to really form a strong bond-but he is trying.
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 12:48 AM on Dec. 5, 2010