Update on Mother in law question I posted yesterday and a question:

I posted yesterday that I was having some problems with my mother in law being overbearing. Thank you for the advice my husband and I sat down and talked to her last night. I don't think it helped but we will see. I have a stepson and this is our weekend. Well she has taken the weekend off to spend time with him ( GREAT) we live 20 mins. I am almost 30wks pregnant and she thinks that we need to stay at her house all weekend b/c she took the weekend off. Ok Sleeping and resting is something that doesn't happen there for me b/c the bed isn't comfortable. How do I help my husband and her understand?? She will get to see her grandson all weekend?! Am I being selfish?? Should I shut my mouth and just go?? Or should I tell my husband that I don't think I can physically handle it?? I have a very busy week next and need to get some rest this weekend. Thank you

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I didn't read your post yesterday but why not talk to your husband about maybe just him and your step son going...that way you can rest and relax and its not to stressful
    ljliammama

Answer by ljliammama at 11:48 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Maybe compermize on it. Maybe just stay till early sunday and come back home early sunday so that you have all day sunday to relax and rest. Why wont she come to your house?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I'm not sure I understand what you're asking?
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 11:49 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Here is some more to the post and question to help: 4mos ago we live an hour from his parents. We spent every other weekend up there. I decided to Leave the town my parents were in and move almost half way b/t. So we no longer live an hour away we are only 20mins down the freeway from his parents. I am not understanding why we "have to stay the night" and if I am being selfish? Or if i need to just stand my ground? I don't sleep or rest there at all. My Baby shower is tues and I need to get some rest and finish my nursery! I just feel like that I give and give to his parents and never stand up to them. Now im just venting and don't need to be. I just want to know if someone else has been here? And how did you handle it. MY post yesterday was about how overbearing she is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Stay home! If you are uncomforable and it is only hard on you then they should understand. I don't think your DH will get mad at you because you want to stay as comfortable as possible.Just tell your Dh you will go after the baby is born or you will go visit just not stay the night. Good Luck!
    Beccah2

Answer by Beccah2 at 12:07 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• If you only live 20 minutes away, I don't see any reason why you would need to spend the night. Just tell her that you aren't sleeping well and would like to stay in your own home. It sounds like your DH is on your side with this, so he should definitely be supportive of you. Hope it all turns out ok!
    musicalbabe85

Answer by musicalbabe85 at 1:45 PM on Nov. 6, 2008