How do ideal with attiduide change in my teenage son?

rudeness, playing man .

COCOAPOD

Asked by COCOAPOD at 11:10 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in General Parenting

• Having a Attitude is just a phase that All Teenagers go through- They think they know So Much more than we do- They are also trying to find their place in this great big world- as long as he is not getting out of hand; i would try to let some of it go- i promise he will come back down to earth!

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 11:16 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• We have a 14 yr old son that tries it on at least once a day, so we set consequences. We think he's old enough to be accountable of how he treats everyone, and acts. He will do chores, and have no privileges until he can learn to talk and treat everyone with respect. I think letting it go is just setting yourself up for bigger problems, and getting a handle on it before it gets worse is best.... He's getting better everyday, and even checks himself when he's talking, he will stop and reword it. He even thanked me today for something really small, but it felt good to know that he's getting it....GL
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:21 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• It's a phase. Once they become a teenager, they think they know it all and think they are mature like an adult. I guess you can say that it goes to their heads. But it's typical.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:03 AM on Dec. 5, 2010