Anyone in the Bay area?

Can you tell me the pro's and con's of living there? I live in Detroit and it is real hard out here. Wayne county has very few resources and the public transportaion is bad. Basically if you do not live with ur family u are struggling.

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 11:16 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Travel

• no but heres a bump
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:07 AM on Dec. 8, 2010

• I have a home in Santa Cruz Cty, but that's about 75 miles south of SF on the coast...beautiful, rustic area. Concord? I lived in that area..east bay- very nice and lots of young families-still quite expensive. Anything north to Santa Rosa, about 1 hour from SF is expensive. North east to Vallejo is pricey- South is expensive to San Benito Cty. Transportation around the immediate SF area is good. Oakland, across the bay from SF is more affordable (flat lands) but the Oakland Hills are pricey. South east is pricey until you pass over the Altamont pass into Tracy (technically the central valley). The Bay area is expensive.....

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:54 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• There are nice parts and lousy parts of Oakland. The Hills and North Oakland (on the Berkeley border) are nice- There is crime in Oakland, but not like Detroit or Chicago. I worked in Oakland for 20 years- it's a very working class city.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:17 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Okay, SFO is one of the best cities on the West Coast but seriously, you need BUCKS to live comfortably. It will be an enormous economic change from Detroit. Now if dough isn't an issue, GO!!!!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:18 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Great place to live, but as PP stated, it's expensive!
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:23 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• yeah i heard about SF being really expensive. I was thinking outside of there.
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 11:23 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• There is other cites besides SF correct? lol I have a friend that live, dang forgot the city, but it like a bus ride away (public bus....starts w a C...
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 11:24 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Bay Area very expensive but you have a lot of beach area like monterey county and santa cruz very beautiful but expensive, we have the best weather through out the year.
    beenie21

Answer by beenie21 at 11:29 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• yeah MI weather sucks. 5 months we are cold :( I would like to move because the people are not that friendly
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 11:36 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• OAKLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is it...do not know why I got a :c: from oakland lol so oaklan =d is a decent place? Like you would let your little sister live there?
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 11:57 PM on Dec. 4, 2010