Why is my daughter's poop green? And whats up with the bad dreams?

Last night and today Marisa's poop has been green, and she hasn't eaten anything that would make it green. Anyone know what is going on?? She is 2yrs old by the way.
2nd question is that she has been having some pretty bad dreams for awhile now. There other night she woke up screaming and was terrified about something. I ended up going out to the front room and rocking her and put on country music. (seems to soothe her)
It took almost 1/2 hr for her to calm down. At first I thought it was the balloon I haf deflated and hung on her wall. Took it down, but it didn't seem to matter. She has had these bad dreams before and I wait a few mintues before I go in there cause she normally will go back to sleep and even sometimes she not even awake and doing this crying. What is causing this? How can I stop it? When should I even tell her doctor about this?

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 11:23 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Kids' Health

• are you sure shes had nothing to make it green....believe it or not grapes and grape juice and grape gatorade or grape kool-aid all turn poop green, and night terrors are very common in young kids. and if you wake them up during one it can be traumatizing. with my 8 year old she had night terrors at 2-3 years old and all i had to do is go hold her hand and sya mommys right here and she would instantly calm down.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 11:26 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I'd google green poop. It's pretty common but I can't remeber specifics.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 11:26 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• The green poop is nothing to be concerned about. She doesn't have to eat something green for her poop to be green. Sometimes it just is. As for the bad dreams...she could be having night terrors, which I don't know a whole lot about, but the inconsolable screaming is a symptom...that is worth mentioning to her dr. But bad dreams are common too. It could be something she saw on tv or just normal worries that are haunting her at night.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:27 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• maybe she just ate something that caused it
    newmommyjazz

Answer by newmommyjazz at 11:35 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Cassie, it hit me when u said that . She has been drinking grape kool-aid her green poop is really stinky, I mean this smell would gag a maggot!! As for the dreams, how could a doc help her with that?? There is a commercial that has a snake wiggles this rattle to sound like a rattle snake. Then the bunnies are laughing their asses off. I think it a geico comm. She hears it and will be terrified and start crying, even if we mute the TV. Have really no clue why she is so scared of it.
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 3:52 AM on Dec. 5, 2010