How can I get "yellow" stains out of a shirt that has already been washed/dried without bleaching it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:30 AM on Jun. 19, 2008 in General Parenting

• Try oxyclean. If that doesn't work, add white vinegar to your load. One of those should do the trick.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• If all else fails and the stain does not come out, don't get rid of the item, go to walmart and get fabric dye (on the dark side) to cover the stain up. Works great and you don't loose you favorite piece of clothing.
    shoegal

Answer by shoegal at 8:51 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I know you said "without bleaching it", but I would use a bleach pen. You won't be bleaching the entire shirt, just dabbing the bleach pen on the yellow spots. That should get it out. :)
    Mammaof2girls

Answer by Mammaof2girls at 10:00 AM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Oxiclean usually works for me, but if that doesn't do it I put vinegar in the rinse water and then let the item sit in the sun to dry.
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 9:24 PM on Jun. 22, 2008