What is the CafeMom Encyclopedia?

Am I imagining all of this!? adult content

I have a very strong feeling that I am pregnant. I'm about two weeks along if I am and everything is hitting me like a truck! I know that a lot of woman don't usually feel anything for a few more weeks but I have always been very sensitive and aware of my body.
I'm nauseous throughout the day and I have to pee several times an hour. My breasts are starting to hurt. If I don't eat every 3-4 hours I feel as though I've been starved for a week! I never ate much, usually only one full meal a day and I would snack here and there. I've been extremely gassy and constipated. The best way to describe it is that my stomach right below my belly button feels sore, I had some cramping last week but the soreness never went away.
Also I all of a sudden can't eat my favorite foods! I love hamburgers but the sight of meat makes me sick as well as marinara sauce! And I NEED cucumbers all the time! And at the same time every night for the past two nights I smell onions even when there aren't any!
My period is late by three days now.
Please tell me this isn't all in my head.

I had a miscarriage 10 months ago and I'm wondering if maybe this is all just wishful thinking? Or am I REALLY pregnant?

Mina1622

Asked by Mina1622 at 11:47 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Have you taken a pregnancy test?
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:49 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• oh sheesh..take a test already!
    Anonymous

• The only way to know is to take a test. Most home pregnancy tests are accurate the first day of your missed period.

Some women do get symptoms very early!
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:50 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• it could be that or something else i would go get checked byy the doctor
    meliscool72

Answer by meliscool72 at 11:51 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• Sorry! I left that part out. I took two tests. One negative and the other one the negative line was clear as day but I think I may have saw a very faint second line? I'm so scared of it being negative that I was hoping that there was some way to just know before taking that test.
    Mina1622

Answer by Mina1622 at 11:53 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• First, you would be at least 4 weeks pregnant. Pregnancy is calculated from the first day of your last menstrual period. Secondly, why haven't you taken a test? Wouldn't that be a better indicator than the opinions of other moms?
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:55 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• A faint line can be a positive. Take a test again in a couple of days.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:56 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• As one of the PPs said, you must be at least four weeks, because there's really no such thing as 2 weeks pregnant.

When I was pregnant the first time, I think I felt it from conception. I had digestion issues and my nipples felt swollen and tender. It did take about 2 weeks for the nausea to kick in, but it's very possible you're feeling it already.

I recently had a + HPT, and it was also a very faint line. I'm pretty sure you can't imagine one if it isn't there, but more than likely a very faint line is a positive. Congratulations!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:39 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I would go ahead and spend a little more on a digital test and then there is no question as to negative or positive it will tell you. Some of this could be wishful thinking. You name off every single symptom known to mankind and usually you only have one or two and not always so early on. I would take another test and go from there.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:42 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• There is NO way to know for sure unless you test. Just take another test
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Dec. 5, 2010